Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Tyson Fury about to become bigger than Wilder in the USA?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Tyson Fury about to become bigger than Wilder in the USA?

I gotta say, Tyson fury probably had the perfect week for a Las Vegas/ESPN debut.

That ring walk lol, that performance and then that singing at the end to his wife.

Is he now going to become a star in the USA? Bigger star than Americans very own wilder?

Not unless Deontay Wilder has something to do with it, then he won't.

Comment

Wilder v Fury II is the super fight

AJ Whyte Dave Allen could fight it out in the UK

Comment

He'll be a star but nationalism still plays a factor here to a certain extent. People will gravitate to him without a doubt. And why not? He's everything you want in a heavyweight champion, albeit the lineal champ. He's charismatic, he's entertaining, great backstory, and loads of confidence. And most importantly, the man can fight. But if it comes down to Wilder vs. Fury I think a good bit of the American public, whether it's right or wrong, will gravitate towards Wilder simply because he's an American and American's want to cheer for home grown guys.

Like I said, it may not be right or wrong but to have an American as world champion opposed to a foreign champ might mean more Americans leaning towards Wilder to win that race towards superstardom. But then again you have scenarios like Mayweather and Pacquiao in which a good bit of the American public fell in love with Pacquiao's character and style as opposed to Mayweather's. So, it goes both ways.

Comment

I don't know if American fans really care about fighter nationality that much. Lots of Americans supported Pacquiao over Mayweather for example. I can't think of many fights where US pride was a selling point.

I think Fury will over take Wilder in popularity here based on his personality, but in the end this will come down to who wins the rematch anyway.

Comment

Fat Fury is already bigger star in America than Beyonce.

Comment

In America.... NO. I tell it how it is. Great América start for Fury though whom I had beating wilder first fight

Wilder has good resume.

Comment

Fury knows how to play to the audience. He connects to them because he has a character. Joshua plays the "handsome, model, nice guy" character, while Wilder is the "Killer, black, wild" guy. Of the 3, Fury did the best job and Wilder the worst.

Having said that, all 3 will become popular if they announce fighting each other and hype up the fights. The war of words, each in his style, can create a hype and bring HW division on top again.

Of course, all this if and only if Joshua wins his rematch in a convincing and spectacular fashion given the message that the loss on June 1 was simply an off day for him.

Comment

Maybe... But before that, he needs to defeat either Wilder or Ruiz officially...

Comment

The Heavyweight division is a two headed monster, and we are all waiting for Wilder/Fury II in the spring.

Winner of that will be the king of the division.

Comment

Working...
                    X