Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sounds Like Ruiz vs Joshua II Will Be At MSG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

John Skipper of DAZN wanted to run it back at MSG. So I don't believe that Eddie Hearn had much of a choice or say in the matter to start with.

In addition, DAZN is putting up big money for this rematch. So obviously Matchroom Sport is going to follow the money trail; Because after all, they are in this business to make money and not lose money.

As far as Anthony Joshua goes; We know he is staunchly loyal to his team and is very meek. So I didn't expect him to buck too much either way on where they would choose to hold the venue for the rematch.

Comment

If he wins this fight in the very same ring where he was beaten, that in itself will give him huge confidence.

I think it is a courageous but right move.

Matchroom & Anthony Joshua wanted to invade america, so there is no point in turning back now.

Comment

It's a good venue and is actually fairly neutral. On the other hand, it's a missed opportunity to tap into the huge West Coast Mexican fan base.

Comment

Live Presser - Andy Ruiz

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post

This the tweet in question?

Comment

With another win, Ruiz will be dictating everything.

Imagine RUIZ vs WILDER in La Ciudad de Mexico?!? Fuuuuck....

Win or lose, Andy Ruiz will be have big fights in Mexico City, Los Angeles, and Las Vegas.

Comment

Originally posted by USMCer View Post
                Live Presser - Andy Ruiz

What is this about? Been watching for 10 minutes & I still got no clue & half of its been in Spanish.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
                  It's a good venue and is actually fairly neutral. On the other hand, it's a missed opportunity to tap into the huge West Coast Mexican fan base.
                  I think it was more wishful thinking by Team Ruiz they would get this fight on the West Coast, Vegas or even more extremely Mexico.

If he wins the rematch I'm sure we will see his next fight in one of those 3 places doe.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    What is this about? Been watching for 10 minutes & I still got no clue & half of its been in Spanish.
                    It's somewhat of a "welcome home" kind of presser... and officially announcing the Andy Ruiz Parade tomorrow. Generally just hyping Ruiz as far as I can tell.
                    Last edited by USMCer; 06-21-2019, 12:53 PM.

Comment

Am I the only one that feels a rematch is unnecessary?

Comment

Working...
                      X