Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hands of stone trailer

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The guy that played Duran was good but otherwise it was a disappointment.

Comment

If anyone see's this movie in Canada please post it or if it is downloadable as well..cheers

Comment

Originally posted by titanium View Post
        Not surprising. Its tough to recreate the life of a legend still amongst us. Haven't seen it but was hoping for something great especially given the reviews.

Raging Bull was a masterpiece, but not accurate at all and sugar coated much of Lamottas life. Maybe down the road this film will be appreciated for what it is rather than what it isn't. I'm still looking forward to it as I am the Vinny Pazienza movie. Most biographical films don't do justice but I will watch anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
          Not surprising. Its tough to recreate the life of a legend still amongst us. Haven't seen it but was hoping for something great especially given the reviews.

Raging Bull was a masterpiece, but not accurate at all and sugar coated much of Lamottas life. Maybe down the road this film will be appreciated for what it is rather than what it isn't. I'm still looking forward to it as I am the Vinny Pazienza movie. Most biographical films don't do justice but I will watch anyway.
          i am hoping i still get to see hands of stone in a theater in canada as well as vinnies movie. hands of stone did not get the funding it deserved i hope vinnies movie does the cast seems to be very good.

Comment

Originally posted by titanium View Post
            i have not seen the movie yet but the fellow who played Duran is a fine actor who was very enthusiastic about the project

Comment

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
              i have not seen the movie yet but the fellow who played Duran is a fine actor who was very enthusiastic about the project
              I think both the Duran and Paz movies have solid casts. Its just very difficult to recreate the events of these men or anyone in the last 40 years with so much media and information available. When "Raging bull" came out people knew Jake LaMotta, but they didn't KNOW Jake LaMotta if that makes any sense. Depending on how it was done and the fact Bunny wasn't as known worldwide like Duran, his movie, hopefully, will have a more Rocky like appeal.

Comment

Did you guys like The Fighter? Probably last good boxing movie I saw. Mark Wahlberg was good in that and Melissa Leo won an Oscar for her role as Alice Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                  Did you guys like The Fighter? Probably last good boxing movie I saw. Mark Wahlberg was good in that and Melissa Leo won an Oscar for her role as Alice Ward.
                  Good movie, but Bale stoled the show.
                  I actually enjoyed southpaw and creed.

Comment

He sure did and that's why he got an Oscar as well. I liked that he promoted Ecklund's gym too in his acceptance speech.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                      He sure did and that's why he got an Oscar as well. I liked that he promoted Ecklund's gym too in his acceptance speech.
                      I almost wondered if there was enough material to produce a sequel as the gatti fights were never covered I really do not know much about Eklunds life after the title fight but I am sure it had some ups and downs.

Comment

Working...
                      X