Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gorman: I Won 200 or 300 Rounds of Sparring With Dubois!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like both, one interesting fight. At least prospects fight among them, differently from 'champs'.

Ps I'll favour gorman here since he's the underdog.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
      Had the fight been last year Gorman would have won.

DDD is to explosive now, i see he will most likely lose every round but will get the K.O ,I cant see Gorman holding him off for 12 rounds.,and I just got a feeling DDD knows something and has that look of I cant lose this one.

Id say its 60/40 right now in favor of DDD in a really good close fight until DDD sees that opening.
      Dubois has had some good wins lately and his confidence is sky high, but Gorman is just as confident himself. Nathan is a cousin of Tyson Fury and grandson of Bartley Gorman, one of the best bare knuckle fighters ever, so fighting really is in his blood, just as Fury likes to proclaim about himself.

He seems to have that same fearless confidence as Fury, and that counts a lot in boxing. I'm thinking that if he can avoid getting nailed early he might have more stamina than Dubois in the later rounds, and he is a good boxer with very fast hands for a heavyweight.

Comment

I wouldn't say that information, if true, is of no value but certainly it is of limited value. Being able to outbox someone who is not trying to take your head off is not quite the same as it is when they are.

Comment

Two unbeaten prospects fighting each other, that`s what we wanna see.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
            I wouldn't say that information, if true, is of no value but certainly it is of limited value. Being able to outbox someone who is not trying to take your head off is not quite the same as it is when they are.
            Agree. Sparring is sparring so taking it too seriously is problematic from the start.

But there are also built in problems for strong punchers sparring cuz a strong puncher is likely to be much less of his real self in sparring then he'd be in a legit fight due to his power. So what does it really prove for a strong boxer to "win" rounds vs a puncher who's likely working at far less than 100% cuz a puncher doing well in sparring is likely to f#cking end the sparring session.

When its two boxers sparring I think you can take away more confidence from so called sparring "results" cuz they are able to work at a similar % without fear of KOing or hurting their sparring partner & therefore ending the session. But even then its speculative to some degree cuz its still difficult to know who was working on sh^t over trying to "win" the session or if a sparring session was 80% vs 60% capacity.

Its a fun thing to speculate on doe.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
              Dubois has had some good wins lately and his confidence is sky high, but Gorman is just as confident himself. Nathan is a cousin of Tyson Fury and grandson of Bartley Gorman, one of the best bare knuckle fighters ever, so fighting really is in his blood, just as Fury likes to proclaim about himself.

He seems to have that same fearless confidence as Fury, and that counts a lot in boxing. I'm thinking that if he can avoid getting nailed early he might have more stamina than Dubois in the later rounds, and he is a good boxer with very fast hands for a heavyweight.

DDD relatives were also bare knuckle champions in the slave days he stated when asked about his family background in fighting.

It doesn't really matter ,the dead aren't fighting. DDD is a natural killer instinct like fighter. If weve learned anything relations only go so far just look at Hughie Fury ,who I dont believe is near as good as Gorman is going to be.

I see DDD being to powerful for Gorman whos limitations will be power ,even though its decent......

A fighter like DDD you really have to hurt to survive 12 rounds, very similar to a Joyce and Joshua in that aspect.

Im taking DDD ,Gorman defeats most but cant see him getting by DDD . I wont be surprised but I expect more from DDD then Gorman who has taking a Fury LIKE approach to his style since training with him and or in his gym in the U,K being around him. I think it could hurt him and he needs to really get back to direct punching and hurting guys otherwise he will not win this one.

I DO think Gorman is the most well balanced fighter out there. But this fight may show the reason why big athletic power punching is very hard to overcome these days.
              Last edited by juggernaut666; 05-12-2019, 02:10 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X