Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fearless Josh Taylor Aiming To Emulate Joe Calzaghe Success

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
    Er no Lacy being garbage is a fact.

0 wins over ranked fighters and some of those unranked guy's he couldn't even convincingly beat.

That's pretty solid evidence.
    Again, no it isn't a fact, it's an opinion. No one was claiming such nonsense back then. It's only now people talk that ish.

Comment

Originally posted by Sid-Knee View Post
      Just because they were competitive against Lacy, doesn't mean Lacy looked like garbage. No one claimed that Lacy wasn't going anywhere after those fights. In fact, it was the opposite. He was going to be the next American star according to the Americans but now they want to pretend otherwise because Joe really filled him in. So as that guy just said, hindsight is a wonderful thing.
      Well no the simple fact that a fight is competitive doesn't mean a fighter looks like garbage.

But, if you are competitve and struggling with the likes of that version of Sheika and Syd Vanderpool then I think it's quite clear what level you are at.

Again, citing American's overhyping a fighter to a ridiculous, unwarranted level is irrelevant. Anyone with two functioning eyes could see that Jeff Lacy is not a good fighter.

Comment

Calzaghe actually beat 2, at 168. (Kessler and Lacy)

And a further 1 at 175 (Hopkins)

So daggum was mistaken but only off by 1. Which funnily enough doubles Calzaghe's total at that weight.
        Are you from the special class or something? Daggum was off by 1 even though you've just given 3 names at number 1 or 2? Which means he was off by 2.

God, you can't even count now.

Comment

Again, no it isn't a fact, it's an opinion. No one was claiming such nonsense back then. It's only now people talk that ish.
          Yes they were.

You are just choosing to ignore it and preferring to only remember the overrating Americans because you prefer the sound of it.

Plenty of people saw Lacy for what he was back then.

Comment

Are you from the special class or something? Daggum was off by 1 even though you've just given 3 names at number 1 or 2? Which means he was off by 2.

God, you can't even count now.
            ....at 168 he was off by 1.

His post specified at 168 as did mine or can't you read?
            Last edited by IronDanHamza; 07-08-2018, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Well no the simple fact that a fight is competitive doesn't mean a fighter looks like garbage.

But, if you are competitve and struggling with the likes of that version of Sheika and Syd Vanderpool then I think it's quite clear what level you are at.

Again, citing American's overhyping a fighter to a ridiculous, unwarranted level is irrelevant. Anyone with two functioning eyes could see that Jeff Lacy is not a good fighter.
              Ward badly struggled against a past prime Bika who had been out of the ring for over a year. Do you think that proves Ward is garbage?

Thurman struggled with a finished Callazo who had just been dominated by Khan for 12 rounds and dropped repeatedly. Does that prove Thurman was garbage?

Loads of great fighters have struggled with lower class fighters. It's not something out of the ordinary.

Comment

Ward badly struggled against a past prime Bika who had been out of the ring for over a year. Do you think that proves Ward is garbage?

Thurman struggled with a finished Callazo who had just been dominated by Khan for 12 rounds and dropped repeatedly. Does that prove Thurman was garbage?

Loads of great fighters have struggled with lower class fighters. It's not something out of the ordinary.
                No because I have clear evidence of Ward beating and dominating top level guys.

I don't have any evidence of Lacy beating a ranked guy let alone a top guy.

Also, that version of Bika was ranked and better than any fighter Lacy ever beat by a massive margin.

Same thing for Thurman.

Yes a lot of top fighters struggled in fights.

Can you name me a top fighter who beat no ranked fighters and struggled with unranked ones? Because that is the category Lacy fits in.

Comment

Yes they were.

You are just choosing to ignore it and preferring to only remember the overrating Americans because you prefer the sound of it.

Plenty of people saw Lacy for what he was back then.
                  You're talking rubbish. No one was saying Lacy was garbage before the Calzaghe fight. He was hype on both sides of the atlantic.

Comment

Hopkins was the number 1 at Lightheavy. Lacy was number 2 at the weight when he fought Calzaghe as was Kessler. So yeah, that's more than 1. Just shut up will you. It's very clear you're deranged.
                    when was lacy #2? i'm deranged cause i know the facts? and i said 168 not 168 and 175 so dont distract. so yeah like I said 1 win over a guy at 168 who was #1 or 2 or went on to be #1 or #2 in any division. and he spend 10 years there as champ. pathetic. froch had 5 wins on that level in what 6 years? not even comparable.

Comment

You're talking rubbish. No one was saying Lacy was garbage before the Calzaghe fight. He was hype on both sides of the atlantic.
                      Er, yes there were.

If you want to deny that then that's fine but plenty of people saw the Sheika and Vanderpool fights and were far from impressed.

And rightfully so.

Comment

Working...
                      X