No announcement yet.

fight coming

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fight coming

hey guys I have my next match on Sunday and I have only 2 matches so i don't have that much experience could someone give me some advices to calm my nerves

Yeah, take a whole bunch of painkillers about 45 minutes before the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Roope View Post
      hey guys I have my next match on Sunday and I have only 2 matches so i don't have that much experience could someone give me some advices to calm my nerves
      You're a student of boxing, still learning the ropes. Think of it like an exam at school. Concentrate on everything you've learned and how it's going to help you pass that test. And if you don't pass, it's not the end of the world, you just go back to class, keep studying and try again.

Comment

I always listen to music that gets me hyped up to fight, like my Rocky soundtrack

Comment

haha I will do that

Comment

thanks for the mind set

Comment

thanks for the mind set
              All you need is a music player and some Rocky. Case closed.

Comment

I got you covered. You need Buddhist belly breathing.

Close your mouth, tongue behind your front teeth (I hope you still have them!).

Inhale through your nose and extend your abdomen, count to 4 slowly. When counting, see the numbers in your mind. 1....2....3....4. Do not push your abdomen or over extend. Think of a bouy in the ocean rising and falling with the waves. The bouy is your abdomen. Neven stopping and always moving.

Exhale out of your nose, retract your abdomen to another count of 4 seeing all the numbers in your mind. Make sure there is no hang between inhaling and exhaling, all one motion....remember you're a bouy!

After you get the 4x4, go to 4x8. Count 4 inhale, count 8 exhale. You eventually want a longer exhale than inhale.

If you have thoughts, kindly think back to yourself this: Nobody is available atm, please call back later, thank you. It's the inner voice that controls you, this will pacify that voice. You don't want to push it away, just kindly let IT know YOU'RE not there.

Also, during these sessions, do not be happy or sad, high/drunk etc. If you're angry, you'll have an agry session.

Now you've got your breathing!

Do this seated in half lotus position (Indian style --- legs must be crossed) for 10 minutes and the focus is being empty. Make sure your back is straight. No music, no sounds, no phones, complete silence. Once you get 10, go for 20 but stop there.

Do this 3x/day and you're on your way. When you wake up, meditate. Do not meditate after eating.

Do this before the fight too with maybe some ambient music. No beat, airy pads, water flowing, etc. You're looking for calmness, not hype.

Once you get that done, I can calibrate your experience further.

I have extensive credentials in these techniques as well as Boxing.

Comment

Working...
                X