Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing Show Host On Ricky Hatton: "Heart Of A Warrior. Skills Of A Bum" (Audio)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing Show Host On Ricky Hatton: "Heart Of A Warrior. Skills Of A Bum" (Audio)

A host on a boxing show says something along the lines of "Hatton had the heart of a warrior but the skills of a bum." Is that an unfair assessment or do you agree with it? Hit play for a 2 minute audio clip..

GYGB Ep 6 - Hatton...
    Agree
    32.65%
    Disagree
    67.35%

He over achieved IMO, still a great guy that earned it though.

Comment

Hatton had great skills but used them less and less after Tszyu.

Comment

Disagree. Imagine if you step up in the ring and you have to put it up against ricky hatton. Man that dude is a ragging bull. Only lost to p4p kings. Great fighter altough.

Comment

Disagree. He's not nearly a "bum" on any level.

He did "over-achieve" however, and that was due to his shrewd management and promotional team.

Comment

Completely disagree, you don't become a unified/lineal champ at 140 and titlist at 147 who went undefeated after beating several champions.

Whose only defeats are to the two best fighters in the world at any weight. You can only get so far with only heart and no skills, Hatton had good skills and a great heart. He over achieved certainly but thats just a testament to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
              He over achieved certainly but thats just a testament to him.
              I'd say it was more a testament to Frank Warren

Comment

he lost twice to fighters who are considered by most as atgs.

was a linear champ at 140. he had decent skills and had a respectable career to say the least.
                Last edited by aether; 10-31-2009, 12:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxCleva View Post
                  A host on a boxing show says something along the lines of "Hatton had the heart of a warrior but the skills of a bum." Is that an unfair assessment or do you agree with it? Hit play for a 2 minute audio clip..

GYGB Ep 6 - Hatton...

its a bit harsh, heart of a warrior is true, he layed it all on the line against the best when he could have stayed at home and took mandatory after mandatory. he is not a boxer, hes a brawler, and he showed against tszyu that brawling can be a under rated skill.

Comment

Everyone has awesome signatures i wish I could have one of Collazo or Chris John.

I agree and disagree with it, he does has a heart of a champion, but he went far beyond what he could handle.

Comment

Working...
                    X