Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing Show Host On Ricky Hatton: "Heart Of A Warrior. Skills Of A Bum" (Audio)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I absolutely hate when these top boxers are called bums.

Ricky Hatton has accomplished more as a boxer than YOU have in your career.
    If Hatton is a bum at boxing, what are YOU at your job?

Comment

I like to talk **** about Hatton but he accomplished a great deal so he had more then just heart as a positive quality. He was not an overly skillful technician but that does not mean he was devoid of positive attributes from a boxing side of the equation.

Comment

Hatton had excellent skills, we saw that even in his fairly recent fight with Malignaggi.

He just lost his punch resistance. The past few years he hasn't fought often enough - only once in 2006 - and became grossly overweight and out of shape between fights. Losing 40 pounds before each fight eventually took it's toll on his body, because you can't crash diet without losing muscle and other tissues.

It's kind of like what happened to Roy Jones when he lost a lot of weight to go back down to light heavyweight.

Comment

lmao i love listening 2 people who know **** ab boxing

Comment

Originally posted by S.G. View Post
            I'd say it was more a testament to Frank Warren
            Didn't he leave Warren right after Tszyu?

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
              Didn't he leave Warren right after Tszyu?
              Warren built him IMO. Without Warren Hatton's career would have been completely different.

True though, Hatton's management was still pretty shrewd and opportunistic beyond Warren's involvement seeing an end.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxCleva View Post
                A host on a boxing show says something along the lines of "Hatton had the heart of a warrior but the skills of a bum." Is that an unfair assessment or do you agree with it? Hit play for a 2 minute audio clip..

GYGB Ep 6 - Hatton...
                agreed, skillwise hatton was garbage, but he basically won based on heart and tenacity and size at 140. he didn't do bad for himself given his limitations

Comment

good fighter, great heart.

Comment

Originally posted by Arcyani View Post
                    He over achieved IMO, still a great guy that earned it though.
                    True, he faced 2 opponents that were elite boxers. Main reason he got both those fights was down to his popularity and consequently the money he could generate. But he did real well to hang in there with Mayweather for 10 rounds.

Comment

His skills are there to see on the many fights on youtube etc, all be it against fighters a little past there best, his use of the skills he had diminished as he became more popular and more eager to please his fans.

This combined with his whore of a girlfriend who has got Ricky involved in his dirty little habbit imo has been the cause for his demise and lack of punch resistance.

Im amazed her past hasnt been made public knowledge, on one of their recent benders he threatened to give her a beating, she is without doubt the worst thing to happen to Hatton and im positive all will be revealed and Britians favourite boxer will be in for some serious ****.

All though he has made a chunk of money I think he began to believe his own hype, his third person interviews and the constant P4P talk is proof enough but the way he treated his body has been madness, the sacking of Billy Graham and Kerry K was yet another sign of his I know best attitude, all culminating in his poor showing against Floyd and blaming everyone else for what happened.

He should go to AA and live like an athlete not like an 18 year old student, then maybe he could still have a swansong ang go out on a high but its a big maybe.

Comment

Working...
                      X