No announcement yet.

How Do You Take Care of Your Gloves?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oshkosh 100 View Post
    Wife complains about the smell before she washes so now I rins during my shower, hanit outside and next day it gets washed and everybody happy.
    Bruh, I'm telling y'all, the smell is real lol!

Just make sure you dry it! LOL. I do the same with my hand wraps. Let them air dry, rinse it out in hot water and hang dry it again, every time after practice.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
      I use body spray sometimes, baby powder for smell.. LOL
      Yep, cheap and effective

Comment

Just leave a dry laundry bar soap inside and leave it outdoor for enough air movement. 100% works

Comment

Originally posted by bngsdad View Post
          Just leave a dry laundry bar soap inside and leave it outdoor for enough air movement. 100% works
          Bar soap? Wouldn't that leave residue?
          I could see using dryer sheets for smell...

Comment

Originally posted by cv808 View Post
            Bar soap? Wouldn't that leave residue?
            I could see using dryer sheets for smell...
            Just a bit... I've been using the same bar soap for more than a year already and yeah, it's shrinking but not that much... Just leave it inside, no need to wash. The stronger the smell of the soap the better

Comment

and the wraps, just hang it under the sun til it dries up

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                #1, make sure they dry out, every time. The smell comes from bacteria when sweat gets trapped in there for hours. I use a sports equipment sanitizer spray and then hang the gloves on my homemade glove rack to dry. I sweat like crazy when training but my gloves have zero smell after a couple years.

On the outside, I'll use leather cleaner on my white Winnings periodically to keep them looking clean but I wouldn't bother for any other color.
                what sort of leather cleaner? brand or any generic one okay?

Looking at buying some winnings as well. I'm thinking blue but if not blue, then it will be white for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                  what sort of leather cleaner? brand or any generic one okay?

Looking at buying some winnings as well. I'm thinking blue but if not blue, then it will be white for sure.
                  If you can find a leather working store in your area, they will have the best cleaner/conditioners. The stuff they sell for shoes and purses at walmart and such can sometimes contain softening agents you don't want. The best I've found so far is "Dr Jackson's" leather cleaner. I use it every so often and it gets out the stuff that a damp cloth can't do alone. Using a conditioner like neatsfoot oil will keep them from cracking. Winnings last forever so taking care of the leather isn't a bad idea.

Comment

Working...
                  X