So BJ Penn got pulled from UFC 199 for using IVs

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
    Why is this even illegal?
    In the past Lance Armstrong (and a bunch of others) would do this as a way of flushing his system just prior to being tested in order to test clean even though he was dirty. Same sort of thing that caused all the controversy with Floyd.

Comment

So if it's legal, than everyone can have the opportunity to do it, which will still keep the playing field level.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
        In the past Lance Armstrong (and a bunch of others) would do this as a way of flushing his system just prior to being tested in order to test clean even though he was dirty. Same sort of thing that caused all the controversy with Floyd.
        I never knew that, do a lot of boxers currently still do this?

Comment

Or maybe they'll start using amphetamines, like baseball players used to, before it was banned. More people these days say that's why home run and hitting numbers have gone down more than the steroid ban.

Comment

I'm starting to side with the guys who just want to make all PEDs legal.

2 guys will be busted for the same thing but the famous guy gets off free. "Retroactive" exemptions.

The Povetkin situation where the stuff he was taking was totally legal in unlimited amounts a few months ago but he tests dirty for trace nanograms.

It's just a game within the game now. Everyone's riding on the edge of the rules and some fighters are given special treatment. It would be more fair if they were all juiced to the gills.

Comment

Penn knew what he was doing. He even posted on twitter that "IV is for *******" when USADA banned it last year. There was no reason for him to be doing an IV this far from a fight when he wasn't even cutting weight. I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't even do an IV at all and just said that hoping USADA would ban him.

Penn never intended to come back. he just wanted to get away from Hawaii and the sexual assault allegations.

Comment

Yeah, what is it with these MMA guys that can't keep their hands off the ladies? There was also that scumbag that tried to kill Christy Mack and Mayhem Miller has been mentioned as being abusive.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                  Yeah, what is it with these MMA guys that can't keep their hands off the ladies? There was also that scumbag that tried to kill Christy Mack and Mayhem Miller has been mentioned as being abusive.
                  Yeah, Mayhem Miller was just crazy. Drug addict and hothead. Last I saw him, he looked way different from how he used to be. He had like pink hair with a mohawk or something

Comment

I believe Real Sports on HBO even did a story about abuse among MMA fighters. They, of course, included that War Machine lowlife and Miller, some others, interesting story. It's happened often in boxing too. I guess some guys can't help themselves when they're used to hitting people for a living.

Comment

Working...
                    X