No announcement yet.

Vitali Klitschkos early opponents.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[QUOTE=LacedUp[/QUOTE]

why is it so? What makes you think Cooney punched harder than Sanders? Because he fought in a better era? It is not an argument. Vitali had a better chin than Holmes, and Sanders chased Vitali around for a bit, nobody else ever did that.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      What the part time Golfer Corrie Saunders? Decent fighter at best.

His only good win is catching Wlad cold.
      Sanders was at least as good as the majority of Vlad's other comp. you really think Pulov is better than Sanders? I agree that Sanders is not spectacular its just that I don't think any of the guys held out as decent comp regarding Vlad are much better, if better at all. Sure you could make an argument splitting hairs that soeone like Pulov is marginally better (for the sake of argument if yu think so) but certainly one would not say that a guy like Pulov is in a class above a guy like Sanders. David Haye was talented, but is he really a class above chisora?

If you said to me that Ali fought guys a class above the typical Holmes opponent we could take a random sample and compare Frazier to Cooney. Obviously Frazier is in a different class....you see where I am going? Vlad might have fought some guys who were a little stronger but its not a wash. Also Vlad lost a few more times to his opposition.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        He was like a 7-1 underdog against Wlad, and was mostly known for being Lewis' sparring partner and a nice fella. Now they are trying to make out Sanders as if he was some kind of beast.

thats a red herring, that is not the point of assessing Sannder's ability at all. The point is to indicate that the levle of competition is similar, or if you disagree, dissimilar to that faced by Vitali. All one has to establish is that a guy like Pulov is not a class above a guy like Sanders.....not that sanders was a beast.

Comment

Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
          Vitali fought peter and byrd
          And lost to byrd

And fought the old fat PETER

Wlad fought the best version of PETER in 05

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
            And lost to byrd

And fought the old fat PETER

Wlad fought the best version of PETER in 05
            Thats kind of splitting hairs. Are we really wanting to now look at when each guy was fought to make generalizations about the level of competition?

Your initial retort was misleading because it sounded like u were implying that only one brother fought Peter and Byrd, the other big problem with your argument is that Vitali was not really having any serious problems with a "younger" byrd. He lost on a technicality which does nothng to address the issue of competition.

With Peter even though Vitali fought an older version he also thoroughly dominated an opponent that Vlad had a few rough spots with.

My point is that there is not anything that screams, that I can see declaring Vlad's competition to be in a different class than Vitali's. With a distinction like this it should not amount to specific little points of contention, rather there should be some broad generalities that show one brother fought a higher class of opponents and performed better at this level. Otherwise we could also say that guys who lost most of their fights against higher calibre opponents, fight at that level...for example Lou Devale is a great fighter because he fought Roy Jones. Obviously Deval was outclassed by Jones, if you see my point.

Comment

Working...
            X