No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Keith Thurman Vacates WBC Title, Garcia-Porter Ordered

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
    There was nothing stopping these guys from fighting each other but instead both were trying to take easy fights hoping Thurman picked 1 of them for his rematch. Now Thurman giving up the belt maybe the WBC can force them to fight each other. I'll wait till the fight is actually made before I get too excited. The real winner is Thurman by giving up the belt likely gets some fans off his back and forces these 2 guys to beat the shyt out of each other while he fights a bum and then fights the winner (who has more wear and tear) later this year.
    Good call I'm inclined to agree

Comment

• Thurmans bum went ever since he won the titles

Comment

• Originally posted by AdonisCreed View Post
        FINALLY!!!!! I think that's good he gets a crack at it once he returns but Keith was holding that belt hostage for real! And now hopefully one of these guys will eventually fight Spence.
        Keith wasn't holding the belt hostage. He had an injury and that put him out for a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by tomatocantender View Post
          A neutered dog at that. Thurman is reminding me of 10 yrs ago when Arum & Pavlik tried holding mw belts hostage. BHop ended that farce at a 170 catchweight thank god, but this has the same fat & happy content feeling. Thurman is on borrowed time I'm afraid. This aint gonna end well if he doesn't man the f up.

What do you mean "man up"? The dude is injured and he did the right thing.

Comment

• Thurman did something MMA fans wished Conor McGregor did...and boxing fans still complain.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
              It's pathetic how you're tryna spin Thurman's choice into something positive.

This aint about holding the division hostage, Thurman doesn't care about that, if he did he would have dropped both belts.

He dropped the wbc because he didn't want to have to fight Garcia and Porter, his mandatories.

He dropped that particular belt because he wants to continue to cherry pick.
              Sledge, we are all entitled to our opinions

Comment

• Originally posted by greeneye99 View Post
                Thurman beat Porter/Grcia alreay
                Vargas wasn't even a threat to Broner
                You think Champion scared of Vargas?
                Lol
                I said he was offered the fight and didn't want it. This is well known.

Comment

Working...
                X