No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Keith Thurman Vacates WBC Title, Garcia-Porter Ordered

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Afi23 View Post
    I hope not. Porter is on record saying that he'd sit until he gets the Thurman rematch. As for, Garcia, he just fought his tuneup. This fight has to be next one for both, Barclays Center is awaiting!

That being said, Khan wanting a rematch and Hearn's deep pockets might have Garcia hearing London's calling!
    I hope not either but you know how it is...

Comment

This is great news! Now let's get it on! Porter vs. DSG! WBA, what are you doing over there? Make Matthysse vs. Pacquiao for the full WBA title!

Comment

Garcia just ran out of excuses for ducking Porter now. Finally time to get this fight over with.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
          the WBA is not going to strip him and will NEVER mandate Matthyssee/Pac winner to fight him. this is the WBA we talking about the same crooked bytches that just downgraded Machado who KO'd the 1 and only true WBA champ at 130. Downgraded Machado to "regular" champ status mandated him to fight the number 1 contender then TURNED around created a second belt for "super" champ and elevated it ahead of machado and put it up for grabs in a vacant title fight for Tank who just lost his old IBF belt on the scales vs Cuellar a 126lb fighter coming off a loss and 16 months layoff. And they ain't mandating Tank to fight Machado, after his fight Tank never mentioned Machado or fighting him next. WBA will keep the regular and super belts separate.
          I'm not saying they will unify those 2 belts (though they should). I'm saying they'd want to make that fight Thurman/Pac fight and just have someone fight for the "regular" title.

Comment

If Thurman Vacates WBA will Mathysse become Super Champ ?

Comment

Originally posted by stellen View Post
              He shouldn't be gifted the mandatory position. He should have to fight his way back into contention.
              Let's be honest here, you really don't have to beat anyone good to be the number one ranked contender for a title. These rankings are littered with guys we've never heard of that have never fought anyone we've ever heard of.

Comment

Big respect to Thurman, this is something he needed to do right about now! He should be able to hold on to the WBA since he's was training & willing to fight recently in a pair of "rehabilitation" bouts. He didn't purposely "injure" himself. Porters protests seemed to have worked.......he's still wild as hell though.

Comment

Originally posted by NC Uppercut View Post
                  The real question; Does Cherry Garcia actually fight Short Port??? That might turn into a good one if Garcia takes it. For some reason or another, Garcia has acted like he doesn’t fancy the fight. On another note, I’m a Keef fan, glad to see him not hold the title hostage. He had the WBA first, so he should keep that and seek out the BC when he’s ready. Props for not holding the title hostage, if true
                  It's pathetic how you're tryna spin Thurman's choice into something positive.

This aint about holding the division hostage, Thurman doesn't care about that, if he did he would have dropped both belts.

He dropped the wbc because he didn't want to have to fight Garcia and Porter, his mandatories.

He dropped that particular belt because he wants to continue to cherry pick.

Comment

What they mean he vacated??? He didnt have no choice sounds like he was stripped to me!

Comment

Originally posted by SkillspayBills View Post
                      Ohhhhhhh shhhhiiittttttttttt. Winner faces Spence at the end of the year!
                      Winner gets merked by Spence*

Comment

Working...
                      X