Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Keith Thurman Vacates WBC Title, Garcia-Porter Ordered

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great news! I’m tired of Thurman holding the belts hostage with this fight “one time” every 12 months ****

Comment

Originally posted by stellen View Post
      He shouldn't be gifted the mandatory position. He should have to fight his way back into contention.
      If you see the list of the WBC ranked fighters outside of them 3, you'll understand exactly why they made that decision. They rather have back to back BIG fights with top 5 ranked fighters of the entire divsion.

Comment

Originally posted by Street15 View Post
        Good move.

This can really work in Keith's favor actually - if he wins. He'd still be the A-side once they unify. Both are big fights. Both are for big money. He's proven he can beat both. Them two fighting each other makes the unification that much bigger. Plus, it's the least they can do - fighting other top opposition. No more fighting fringe top 10 fighters without being injured or coming off of a bad loss.

But, if Thurman comes back, fights the winner, and loses, it will look extremely bad for him. It'd make his wins over both seem like a fluke and that he was pretty much trying to avoid them in the first place.
        I disagree. If Thurman comes back and loses against the garcia-porter winner, I think it would make for a series of great fights like the Leonard, Hagler, Hearns, and Duran era.

Comment

Garcia is the guy who will take a hit to time his left hook, which makes this interesting.

He's gonna feel like he's been in a fight though– Porter is going to be his strongest, most physical fight where Danny usually has that advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Street15 View Post
            That title aint goin nowhere. They will allow that tune-up. Then set up for the Matthysse/Pac winner.
            the WBA is not going to strip him and will NEVER mandate Matthyssee/Pac winner to fight him. this is the WBA we talking about the same crooked bytches that just downgraded Machado who KO'd the 1 and only true WBA champ at 130. Downgraded Machado to "regular" champ status mandated him to fight the number 1 contender then TURNED around created a second belt for "super" champ and elevated it ahead of machado and put it up for grabs in a vacant title fight for Tank who just lost his old IBF belt on the scales vs Cuellar a 126lb fighter coming off a loss and 16 months layoff. And they ain't mandating Tank to fight Machado, after his fight Tank never mentioned Machado or fighting him next. WBA will keep the regular and super belts separate.
            Last edited by bigdunny1; 04-24-2018, 04:16 PM.

Comment

Ohhhhhhh shhhhiiittttttttttt. Winner faces Spence at the end of the year!

Comment

Originally posted by WallabeeKing View Post
                They should elevate that bout for the Super title, so they actually fight for it. Keith was gifted that status.
                They won't do that. They aren't gonna elevate one person, then elevate the next person immediately after.

Comment

Originally posted by cali37 View Post
                  I disagree. If Thurman comes back and loses against the garcia-porter winner, I think it would make for a series of great fights like the Leonard, Hagler, Hearns, and Duran era.
                  LOL. That series of great fights ONLY works when there are great fighters that actually WANT to continue fighting each other like that. You see how hard it was just to get Garcia to even mention Porter.

But, I guess your sense, it is good for boxing as a whole. I was simply ONLY talking about for Thurman individually.

Comment

Wba needs to follow suit but won’t hoping for pac/mat winner face Thurman

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                      I knew it. He's a content man. No dog left in him.
                      A neutered dog at that. Thurman is reminding me of 10 yrs ago when Arum & Pavlik tried holding mw belts hostage. BHop ended that farce at a 170 catchweight thank god, but this has the same fat & happy content feeling. Thurman is on borrowed time I'm afraid. This aint gonna end well if he doesn't man the f up.

Comment

Working...
                      X