Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Peter Fury: I Believe Hughie Can Unify Heavyweight Division

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
    Hadn't fought in 17 months and coming off serious illness, also very young..... Hughie won that fight any way.

You think an active Joshua going 12 was more impressive? what about Whyte nearly being stopped? Hughie is on the same level, accept that. He's just turned 24 and is away to school Pulev, then it's Joshua lol
    He isn't beating Pulev. No way, no how.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      I believed in Hughie once but the writing is on the wall. The guy never developed the power necessary to be a real HW champ. That MIGHT be ok if he was a brilliant boxer but he's not. A good boxer, for sure. But not great and shows no sign of changing since he hasn't progressed much in 5 years.
      LOL I remember when cats around here where trying to tell me Hughie had a higher ceiling than Tyson and would make it further.

Nevermind ol 'wraps doe. He don't know nuffin.

Comment

Originally posted by famicommander View Post
        He isn't beating Pulev. No way, no how.
        just watch.... just put a reminder in my phone for post-fight gloating.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
          i disagree, i think you can learn and reflect on your losses. sometimes it takes a loss to discover what your weak points are and what to work on
          You really think Danny Garcia changed after his first lost under his father? How about his second lost? How did Khan looked under roach verses Virgil Hill? I am thinking you changing the trainer helps to bring new ideas to the camp. Danny Garcia, Shawn Porter will never improve with their fathers. George Groves is a prime example he looked world class with his trained switch.

Comment

He has some talent but unless he drops the gypsy old skool fury conditioning stuff he will never be strong or powerful enough to be champ.
            He can't pitty pat on the back foot all the time against good opponents, he needs to get on the AJ program so he can dent these fools and dictate

Comment

Yeah, no I don't see that happening anytime soon. He lost to Parker who has been beaten by Whyte and AJ prior to that. He's gotta do some extra gym work and studying to get to the next level.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                Is that it Pete? You are going to tell Hughie he stepped up too soon when Pulev whoops his ass? 12 rounds with Joe Parker is probably the only real experience Hughie has ever had in boxing.
                Elie, Fury is gonna do a number on Pulev. You have a long history of hating on the Furys and many other U.K./Irish fighters.

Tyson is offering kind words to people who suffer from mental illness. Come on Elie be brave and go get some help. Hatred is a form of mental illness.

Comment

Originally posted by petero View Post
                  Elie, Fury is gonna do a number on Pulev. You have a long history of hating on the Furys and many other U.K./Irish fighters.

Tyson is offering kind words to people who suffer from mental illness. Come on Elie be brave and go get some help. Hatred is a form of mental illness.
                  I already said in this very same thread that your son Hughie Fury may beat another old wash-rag euro-bum in Kubrat Pulev! What more do you want from me?!

I hope they let you in Bulgaria, despite your lengthy criminal record. I remember you could not get into Gods country the United States of America, I remember it well because your nephew nearly got sparked by the cruiser weight Steve Cunningham, but I digress. Best wishes, stay out of trouble.

Comment

How can he unify when Tyson Fury will hold all the belts within the next year?

Hughie ain't the real deal when he knows in his mind and in reality from sparring that he could NEVER beat Tyson.

Comment

He is still young, but I don't think he will achieve a World title.

He can make a very good living, but it would help him sell tickets if he was a bit more charismatic etc. He is incredibly dull both as a person and a fighter.

I would like to see him face Chisora or Whyte, see if he can develop some kind of nasty streak.

Comment

Working...
                      X