No announcement yet.

Is Oscar De la Hoya a top 20 ATG WW?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pastrano
    You see, mr. Ruben doesn't like explaining anything, since everything he says on this matter is biased as fak. So he got no explanation, lest he says the truth.
    No thought went into that list, I am sure of that. He has just taken another list and plucked off names. I would venture to say he knows next to nothing of 90% of the boxers on that list.

In all honesty, 99% of this forum does not know enough to even make a list, as there are so many fighters we know nothing about.

Comment

He would be between 15-20 for me,i can see a small case for him being a few places higher but any higher than that simply isnt logical,the WW division is just too deep,he isnt a top 10 ATG at the weight

Comment

Ability wise I think he is.

His opponents were very good undefeated Trinidad, Quartey and Mosley. Whitaker was past prime but still a decent fighter. Very few people on that list would go through his resume at welterweight undefeated. Even in his losses he achieved alot. Oscar was the only one to go the distance with Tito and be competitive, i thought he won. Quartey was a very good fighter with his jab and had good power. Mosley was a beast and 10 years later would be the #1 guy at this weight and was on a big KO streak.

Some people might not rate him as a top 20 ATG ww resume wise because those fights were close so people could have him losing all those fights.

Comment

I would have liked to have seen him fight Vernon Forrest. I think Forrest could have beat DLH, he was an incredible talent.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
            I believe Oscar is a top 10 welterweight as well. Oscar was brilliant, and phenomenal to watch. He easily outboxed Tito Trinidad and really made him look amateur. His boxing skills were amazing and he has one of the top resumes Even though he had bogus decisions against him vs Trinidad and Mosley, nobody can deny that his resume is stacked and there aren't many fighters who can come close to fighting the level of competition that he did - despite him getting L's (undeservedly so even).
            sorry to dig this one up Carlos but your pathetic agenda is so transparent its embarrassing, you've claimed Oscar to be a top 10 WW with no list. Its funny you've criticised my list and made wild accusations about me but have failed to say anything of substance, who on my list shouldn't be there? What is wrong with my list? And I'd like to see your top 10 WW list or you are full of ****.......

I'll wait...

Comment

Originally posted by RubenSonny View Post
              1. Ray Robinson
              2. Joe Walcott
              3. Henry Armstrong
              4. Ray Leonard
              5. Kid Gavilan
              6. Emile Griffith
              7. Jose Napoles
              8. Barney Ross
              9. Jimmy Mclarnin
              10. Thomas Hearns
              11. Jack Britton
              12. Luis Rodriguez
              13. Mickey Walker
              14. Charley Burley
              15. Carmen Basillio
              16. Pernell Whitaker
              17. Ted 'Kid' Lewis
              18. Fritzie Zivic
              19. Tommy Ryan
              20. Young Corbette III

Didn't put to much thought into the order of 11-20 but they are all greater than DLH at WW IMO, I'd like to see your list now Carlos...
              This list highlights just how deep the division has been

Comment

Originally posted by GJC View Post
                It really is, that's why it's very hard for me to really see Oscar in the top 20 ATG WW.

Top 25-30? Yes, he is. But, top 20? I just don't know.

Having him in the top 10 is just absurd.

Comment

Originally posted by GJC View Post
                  Where do you rank Oscar at WW, GJC?

You have some of the better lists I have seen per weight class on this website.

Comment

Duran should be ranked in front of Oscar at WW too IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by CarlosG815 View Post
                      No thought went into that list, I am sure of that. He has just taken another list and plucked off names. I would venture to say he knows next to nothing of 90% of the boxers on that list.

In all honesty, 99% of this forum does not know enough to even make a list, as there are so many fighters we know nothing about.
                      I know enough about those fighters to argue that they are better than Oscar, I'd be more then happy to debate it with you if you can tell me which ones you think he is greater than and explain why.........

Comment

Working...
                      X