Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canelo says he wants to fight Kovalev at 175.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lion81 View Post
    This is still a possibility. GBP CEO said they were interested in that fight.

Let him fight Jacobs (already an impressive fight) before we talk about being impressed or not about future fights.
    The Jacobs fight is impressive? I mean it's a good fight but how screwed up is boxing when we're impressed when a fight gets made that should get made? Also, Canelo didn't just take that fight as it came to him, as it came to Golovkin, when he took the fight he imposed a re-hydration clause.

That re-hydration clause imposed on both Fielding and Jacobs (he even made the semi talented Chavez squeeze down to 164) makes me real skeptical that talk about facing the crusher @175 is anything other than just talk.

Comment

I also think Pac lost his 3rd fight against Marquez and May lost to Castillo, except no one gives a flying fuk and their recorded officially because what those 3 judges honestly believed in all these fights, stands and is final.

btw, Lara ran (it was an embarrassing phagget strategy) and GGG was close to pissing or might still be pissing through a straw after all those body shots.

...oh but they won doe...
      Marquez did beat Pacquaio in fight III and Castillo did beat Floyd in fight I. There’s no question the “winners” got very fortunate officiating in their favor which is my point about Clenelo. The majority felt all those fights were bad decisions.

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
        The Jacobs fight is impressive? I mean it's a good fight but how screwed up is boxing when we're impressed when a fight gets made that should get made? Also, Canelo didn't just take that fight as it came to him, as it came to Golovkin, when he took the fight he imposed a re-hydration clause.

That re-hydration clause imposed on both Fielding and Jacobs (he even made the semi talented Chavez squeeze down to 164) makes me real skeptical that talk about facing the crusher @175 is anything other than just talk.

At least Canelo is doing something about it.

What about everyone else?

Canelo is the only motherfuker getting in their like Oscar used to.

Then you have fools like Crawford, Joshua, Beyonce Wilder, Fury, Spence and Tank coming up with all kinds of excuses on why shiiit isn't happening.

Comment

Damn I'm done with gambling, but I would love to take Canelo in this fight. Canelo works his body allll night. In and out, all night and is so elusive and slick. Kova would be like a slow motion 35 year old giant.

You will LOSE your money, I'm telling you.
          Those are just words. You're talking about a guy who dropped and beat Ward (we both know this) and who will hit a much smaller guy with some big shots.
          This is a mismatch. Kovalev by violent destruction

Comment

thats how you do it, YOU LOOK UP FOR CHALLENGES, Mikey, Canelo, etc etc not like Lomachenko who always looking down, or GGG looking down, or bivol whos looking down for the easy challenges.

Comment

canelo was stunned by GGG even if his groupies deny it, imagine a murderous puncher at 175 who can also box landing on him. i don't care how faded kovalev is, still at this point he KOs canelo

Comment

Damn I'm done with gambling, but I would love to take Canelo in this fight. Canelo works his body allll night. In and out, all night and is so elusive and slick. Kova would be like a slow motion 35 year old giant.

You will LOSE your money, I'm telling you.
                Those are just words. You're talking about a guy who dropped and beat Ward (we both know this) and who will hit a much smaller guy with some big shots.
                This is a mismatch. Kovalev by violent destruction

Comment

Originally posted by jmrf4435 View Post
                  Calling out a 35 year old who is in the ending stages of his career? you might fight him in 3 years?

BOOOOOOOLLLLD!!. Kovalev right this moment would hurt canelo badly.

An old shop worn kovalev I do not know
                  I noticed that too. Nothing courageous or challenging about this. Just something that sounds good on the surface.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                    I agree. He should stay at his best weight of 160 and fight the best and that will be hard enough. If he did beat Kovalev and stayed at 175 a younger champ like Bivol would beat him.
                    Yea I agree even if Kovalev is totally shot by the time they fight no way he beats the young guns.And I have no problem with that he is clearly fighting the best at his weight(GGG,DJ)and that's good enough for me.

Comment

Originally posted by fourtheboys96 View Post
                      Kovalev, old age and chin issues, will be a tough mountain to climb for Canelo.

1) Kovalev fights tall and long. He's got long arms for a white man. That alone poses problems for the shorter Canelo.

2) Needless to say Kovalev has the power, levels above Fielding.

3) I dont think Canelo will have a power to dent Kov's glass chin.

4) Canelo will break Kov by body shots. Yeah but it'll also give Kov the chance to land those power shots. Remember, Kovalev is taller and longer.
                      Because we all know white people have the genetic problem of tiny arms.

Comment

Working...
                      X