Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah, he wasn't a good racist

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
      Stern is a thin-skinned poozey who could dish it out but couldn’t take it. Stern is no angel, he’s a crude scumbag. At least Imus donates millions of his own money to help kids with cancer. Also put in the time with them at the ranch helping with their recovery, or in many cases giving them a life experience before they died. Kids of all races by the way.
      Even though I liked Stern's show too until about 1995, I completely agree with this. Opie and Anthony were the only show that stood up to his bullying and even eventually won and patched things up. I believe it started from some kind of radio tease he was doing back in his K Rock days that they revealed early because O&A always hated radio teases and hack bits. Whatever it was, at some point, Stern not only complained to their boss Mel Karmazin, who was also Stern's boss, but also had a legal gag order put on them where they couldn't mention his name on the air without legal repercussions. But of course, Stern could mention O&A all he wanted, the hypocrite douche. Then when Opie and Anthony got a job for XM satellite radio, they worked for different companies, so whenever Stern talked s**t about them, they were finally able to respond again.

Fast forward about a year or so later and XM merges with Sirirus to become Sirius XM, which meant they both had Mel Karmazin as a boss again. They get in trouble again with Karmazin for insulting Stern even though he insulted them first. Their argument was simple. He could say whatever he wants about us, but we just want to be able to respond without being yelled at by anyone. I remember there was another incident where they weren't allowed into the MTV Video Music Awards because Stern was there and it was the same day that Stuttering John tried to get an interview with some celebrity and when he couldn't, asking if they were afraid. What a hypocrite. He also wouldn't show up to his Son of the Beach press conference until they left.

Thin skinned indeed.

Comment

If Imus was a racist, then why did he allow black people to spend time on his Imus ranch? And why did black guests want to be on his show? As a white guy, if I were famous, I sure as hell wouldn't want to go on a radio show of someone if I thought they didn't like white people.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
          Even though I liked Stern's show too until about 1995, I completely agree with this. Opie and Anthony were the only show that stood up to his bullying and even eventually won and patched things up. I believe it started from some kind of radio tease he was doing back in his K Rock days that they revealed early because O&A always hated radio teases and hack bits. Whatever it was, at some point, Stern not only complained to their boss Mel Karmazin, who was also Stern's boss, but also had a legal gag order put on them where they couldn't mention his name on the air without legal repercussions. But of course, Stern could mention O&A all he wanted, the hypocrite douche. Then when Opie and Anthony got a job for XM satellite radio, they worked for different companies, so whenever Stern talked s**t about them, they were finally able to respond again.

Fast forward about a year or so later and XM merges with Sirirus to become Sirius XM, which meant they both had Mel Karmazin as a boss again. They get in trouble again with Karmazin for insulting Stern even though he insulted them first. Their argument was simple. He could say whatever he wants about us, but we just want to be able to respond without being yelled at by anyone. I remember there was another incident where they weren't allowed into the MTV Video Music Awards because Stern was there and it was the same day that Stuttering John tried to get an interview with some celebrity and when he couldn't, asking if they were afraid. What a hypocrite. He also wouldn't show up to his Son of the Beach press conference until they left.

Thin skinned indeed.
          Opie and Anthony had a career because Howard Stern opened the door for them and their ilk.

They should be bowing down and thanking him every day of their lives.

Comment

I knew his wife Deirdre in college. She had a spectacular butt.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
              OUCH.

Imagine you're just a college student, playing basketball, studying, living your life, and then suddenly some radio personality calls you a nappy headed ho', and then other famous personalities chime in on how ugly you look while playing ball.

I feel for those girls.
              Do you also sit when you pee?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                Opie and Anthony had a career because Howard Stern opened the door for them and their ilk.

They should be bowing down and thanking him every day of their lives.
                They did as soon as they started radio in New York in 1998. And what thanks did they get from Howard? He crapped on them and issued a gag order. So they did what you're supposed to do with bullies when they strike first. You hit them back and hit them 10 times harder than they hit you until they leave you alone. And Imus was a shock jock before Stern, so he opened the door for Howard. "HOO HOO tell em' Fred!"

Comment

Originally posted by CHOWWOKKA View Post
                  Do you also sit when you pee?
                  Only when I'm squatting over your moms.

If there's anything else you need to know about my bodily functions, you are welcome to lie next to her. But I do appreciate your concern.
                  Last edited by travestyny; 12-29-2019, 02:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
                    They did as soon as they started radio in New York in 1998. And what thanks did they get from Howard? He crapped on them and issued a gag order. So they did what you're supposed to do with bullies when they strike first. You hit them back and hit them 10 times harder than they hit you until they leave you alone. And Imus was a shock jock before Stern, so he opened the door for Howard. "HOO HOO tell em' Fred!"
                    Imus sucked compared to Howard. His show was unlistenable.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
                      Only when I'm squatting over your moms.

If there's anything else you need to know about my bodily functions, you are welcome to lie next to her. But I do appreciate your concern.
                      I asked her. She said your awfully feminine and have a hard time.....you know...

Comment

Working...
                      X