No announcement yet.

Knuckles stinging pain

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Knuckles stinging pain

I have skinned my second knuckle on my right hand and it's compromising my punching power. I have only been to the gym once a week recently due to this.

I wrap my hands well and have been using cotton wool pads but it isn't helping.

Please advise. Thank you in advance.

Originally posted by DugzBoxing View Post
    I have skinned my second knuckle on my right hand and it's compromising my punching power. I have only been to the gym once a week recently due to this.

Did you split the knuckle in two? Either way, do not punch bags. Give it proper rest. Just shadow box...….. Rockin'
    Last edited by Rockin'; 02-11-2019, 09:12 PM.

Comment

What Rockin said. There’s no way around it. Rest. If it’s just skinned (but not split) use oinment of your preference and keep it exposed and well protected through out the day. That means no wraps is preferable but no gloves for sure..for a week or so...try to treat it like a burn... and if you do HAVE to use wraps, use nonstick gauze under and put ointment on before you do so.

Simple case of if it hurts when you do it..don’t do it. You should be taking really good care of your hands. You can get a staph infection man.

Comment

Originally posted by NearHypnos View Post
        What Rockin said. There’s no way around it. Rest. If it’s just skinned (but not split) use oinment of your preference and keep it exposed and well protected through out the day. That means no wraps is preferable but no gloves for sure..for a week or so...try to treat it like a burn... and if you do HAVE to use wraps, use nonstick gauze under and put ointment on before you do so.

Simple case of if it hurts when you do it..don’t do it. You should be taking really good care of your hands. You can get a staph infection man.
        They aren't bleeding or anything, it's just the skin stings and looks a little red.

Thanks for the advice, I will rest if it's best.

Comment

take a tip from Big Joe Joyce, bareknuckle champion of the British Isles and beyond, you don't need no wraps, just soak your hands in petrol

Comment

Originally posted by HeadBodyBodyBody View Post
            take a tip from Big Joe Joyce, bareknuckle champion of the British Isles and beyond, you don't need no wraps, just soak your hands in petrol
            That’ll burn so good like when I pee.

Comment

That can get ugly quick if you don't take care of it because of massive bacteria and what not inside the gloves. I've used New Skin liquid bandage for minor scrapes in the past. Like three or 4 coats

Comment

Originally posted by Eastbound View Post
                That can get ugly quick if you don't take care of it because of massive bacteria and what not inside the gloves. I've used New Skin liquid bandage for minor scrapes in the past. Like three or 4 coats
                Nice one. I'll order that now.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastbound View Post
                  I've used some of that myself.

Comment

I had this happen to me not too long ago. I used over the counter bacitracin zinc twice a day, wrapped my knuckles extra, and focused mainly on form and speed and took a lot off of power.

But yeah it sucks, all the above is helpful but the main thing is to let it heal with time.

Comment

Working...
                    X