No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Rios: I Could Be Catching Tim Bradley At the Right Time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    Brandon Rios realizes the warrior within Timothy Bradley is going to create a difficult fight for him Nov. 7 in Las Vegas.

But Rios also senses Bradley might’ve accepted one grueling challenge too many after enduring several physically taxing fights the past few years. The 29-year-old Rios (33-2-1, 24 KOs) and the 32-year-old Bradley (32-1-1, 12 KOs, 1 NC) will fight for Bradley’s WBO welterweight title in a 12-round HBO “World Championship Boxing” main event next month at UNLV’s Thomas & Mack Center.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    B.Reeeze is no Oxnard native.......he trains here but he is from Kansas.....that being said he one of us now......

Comment

At least he's honest, knows Brasleys better days are behind him.

Comment

Even with Bradley's best days behind him he is still better than Rios. The only edge i'd give Rios is power and fighting on the inside but if Bradley is smart he won't make it an ugly fight.

Comment

and if youre not Brandon?

Comment

Maybe. Hopefully Teddy Atlas gets Bradley to fight a disciplined fight. I know Bradley isn't quite good enough to avoid brawling entirely, but he shouldn't go out of his way to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
              DON'T YOU QUIT on us Rios. We believe in you!! We know you are about that die in the ring type lifestyle Dont let us down. Go catch that mother****er!!!!!!!!!
              You gonna pay Rios' bills after he goes veggie on us? Doubt it.

The one I feel sorry for is Rios' wife. She has hung in there thru alot with this guy, who is really nothing more than one who uses his face for a punching bag. And it doesn't take a brain expert to see Rios is already damaged goods. I mean, hey, good for the guy to make some moolah to hopefully get him thru life after boxing (which will be soon), but look at him closeup during interviews the past couple years. Yes, he is not a smart person by any means, but even so... this is a fighter with early onset dementia. I just feel sorry for his wife having to watch all this, and then if she stays, having to take care of him before long.

Comment

Originally posted by Camp Beast View Post
                I love Bradley, but he's definitely damaged goods. Rios's style is a bad match for Tim. He doesn't have the power to keep Rios off and once Rios starts landing those big shots, it's over for Desert Storm.
                He doesn't need power to keep Rios off, he just needs to use his footwork to keep Rios constantly resetting. Bradley can definitely do that, and hopefully will.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  He doesn't need power to keep Rios off, he just needs to use his footwork to keep Rios constantly resetting. Bradley can definitely do that, and hopefully will.
                  I agree. But the X-factor with Bradley is always whether he will actually choose the best style to win him the fight.

Trying to slug rather than box with Manny and Provodnikov was strange to say the least. Especially as in bth of those fights he boxed for periods and looked pretty good (/more competitive vs Manny)

Comment

Rios is underestimating the protective built-in football helmet Bradley carries into each bout.

Comment

what's this stupidity about Bradley slipping? Why do writers and boxing websites sell a BS narrative time and time again. Is it to try and sell us this fight as anything other than one sided?

In the last 3 years, Bradley has gone toe to toe with one of the atg most dangerous people in this sport, after the provo war came back and easily handled JMM, making him look every bit of 40. Struggled a bit at Chaves but genuinely got robbed and then schooled Vargas, who most hispidiots on here said would destroy Bradley. The only downside was the 12th.

Jeez!

Comment

Working...
                      X