Joshua vs Ruiz 2 Isn't even a tough fight to call

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
    Nope.
    But when I think a fighter will win, I'm not afraid to back my opinion up with cash.
    Really? You didn't think AJ would win? Or you just weren't gonna put any money on it?

But you've been saying you're sure he wins the 2nd fight?

Comment

• Originally posted by New England View Post
      it's heavyweight and a lot can happen. joshua is favored for a reason. he's still about 5 inches taller, still has about 8 inches of reach, and if ruiz was in the kind of shape joshua was in he'd be a cruiserweight. and nothing will ever change that.

what joshua needs to do is adjust, and i don't know if he can do that. he's ok with big guys looking to throw at distance and look for big shots, he's uncomfortable with a guy who steps in and keeps throwing. if ruiz can do that again he will probably get another stoppage W. if he can't you'll see him get jabbed and leaned on, and eventually he'll press the gas and there iwll be nothing there.
      AJ has to have an answer to Ruiz stalking him (makes him very uncomfortable), and being as accurate and deadly as AJ when they engage. AJ's a big, powerful dude ... he may unload a bomb. If Ruiz survives it AJ will be in trouble (barring weird ref/judges nonsense). Ruiz will be bomb-ready all night.

It's potentially a great fight once again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
        The Parker analog works.

Washington Szpilka, Areolla, Duhaupas, and Molina all applied pressure...and I never said that they were as good as Ruiz but they applied pressure with some success but in the end, Wilder landed.

Fury and Ortiz are both better boxers than Ruiz as well as better defensively than Ruiz and Wilder still dropped them.

My point being is that pressure fighter get hit because there will be return fire and the two elite fighter that Ruiz faced landed on him (one dropped him).

If for nothing else, at the age of 34, Wilder knows how to land his money punch ( as seen against the defensively minded Fury & Ortiz)...Ruiz may not be KOed but he will get dropped.
        I don't claim it is impossible that wilder is succesful. I have given you proof of assertions as to why Ruiz is a potential live dog. You do not accept two points:

1) That applying constant pressure on a puncher can affect his ability to deliver his punches. All I can say is look at tape, I even gave you a prime example. Another one? watch Lamotta
        defeat Robinson the time he did. There are plenty of other examples. Look at the first Mayweather Castillo fight for another example.

2) your second assertion is that a list of fighters who are not pressure fighters, not by any means excellent fighters, with one caveat (Chris Areolla), are comprable to Ruiz. I disagree with this.

Thats how we stand, I have nothing else to say. The facts are now laid out.

Comment

• Originally posted by billeau2 View Post
          I don't claim it is impossible that wilder is succesful. I have given you proof of assertions as to why Ruiz is a potential live dog. You do not accept two points:

1) That applying constant pressure on a puncher can affect his ability to deliver his punches. All I can say is look at tape, I even gave you a prime example. Another one? watch Lamotta
          defeat Robinson the time he did. There are plenty of other examples. Look at the first Mayweather Castillo fight for another example.

2) your second assertion is that a list of fighters who are not pressure fighters, not by any means excellent fighters, with one caveat (Chris Areolla), are comprable to Ruiz. I disagree with this.

Thats how we stand, I have nothing else to say. The facts are now laid out.

Okay...I won't disagree with you. Ruiz is a LIVE dog, I'm very impressed with his hand speed, pressure, head movement, etc. he knows who he is as a fighter.

And Wilder may not KO him, it could be a decision fight if they battle. All I'm saying is that Wilder will land his money punch, then it will be up to Ruiz to determine if he wants to stay down or get up.

Comment

• I think joshua is going to get tore up lol

I think ruiz hurts him in the early middle rounds, possibly knocks him down and stops him within 7. Maybe earlier.

Comment

• So, how's this thread holding up now? Hahahhhh this fat turd has Buster Douglas written all over him. He is going to pay heavily (pun intended) for gaining all that weight.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tyistall View Post
                So, how's this thread holding up now? Hahahhhh this fat turd has Buster Douglas written all over him. He is going to pay heavily (pun intended) for gaining all that weight.
                he gained that weight because hes looking to take joshua out early

after the weigh in i think he runs through aj

i hope im wrong

Comment

• It's possible Ruiz's weight gain means nothing. He's benn fat his whole life and looks like he knows how to carry his weight

Comment

• Originally posted by Szef View Post

i hope im wrong
                    Hahahahahahaah you can't this **** up. You guys think that a guy getting 15 pounds FATTER is actually going to HELP him win a rematch against a guy that get 10 pounds lighter and is 100% motivated??????? That's a 25 pound difference right there hahahah. One guy going one way, the fat guy going the other.

Comment

• Originally posted by Szef View Post

i hope im wrong
                      Its clear his plan is to get the KO before the middle rounds.... but too much is being made of his weight gain for sure.

I think AJ at 237 will be a lot quicker with the 1-2 and that will help him catch Ruiz more often, he needs to frustrate Ruiz early while catching him. If he softens him up then by the time Ruiz starts taking big chances Joshua might be able to stop him or make it safely to a points win. I feel he needs the stoppage to truly vindicate himself from what happened in June.

Comment

Working...
                      X