No announcement yet.

People thought ggg could actually compete with Ward, my god

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
    If you're going to tap out with a stupid post like that, you needed not even quote me and waste my time reading it. Seriously, if you can't come up with any better content than "stay salty stay stupid" youre not worth the time of day
    Lol your time of day and subway fare will get me on the IRT. Your obviously a moron because you repeated the same silly accusation when even if one were to say you were correct that Ward ducked GGG...which is very generous to give because it is probably BS. To be fare You or I have no idea what went down with these emails, another moronic assumption you make.... But even giving that to you...

I showed that the Kovalev route was the more dangerous route and even Ward haters would usually agree with this because all logic points to it being true which was explained to you.

Your stupid rejoinder? to repeat the accusation. Seriously and I am wasting your time? Oh yeah consider this post me taping, yes you win as Mark Twain said: "Don’t argue with idiots because they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." and that is the sound of me taping
    Last edited by billeau2; 09-19-2017, 11:41 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
      ggg is a average boxer who relies on his heavy hands, but we saw last night a smaller man can go 12 with him without taking any serious damage

ward is too skilled
      Hell I had Jacobs 6-6 with 97G and only losing bc the KD. Canelo won on my cards fairly comfortably

Comment

No, I always favored Ward to win. Not only was he very skilled and well rounded with high fight IQ, he also would have had a good size advantage.

Golovkin would have got outclassed, but he would have lasted the distance. Ward is a killer when he smells blood like against Kovalev, but going for a KO or stoppage isn't his nature. GGG is durable as hell and has the heart to win, just doesn't have enough to beat Ward.

Comment

GGG loses that one at any point of his career

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
            Hell I had Jacobs 6-6 with 97G and only losing bc the KD. Canelo won on my cards fairly comfortably
            Jacobs didn't give up the ring almost all together. Canelo has better spots but he lost. Miracle Man > Canelo

Comment

Originally posted by Rampad View Post
              If GGG is so overrated and not really all that good, why do you guys need someone from 2 divisions higher to beat him?
              People always say things like that about fighters. My own opinion is that GGG really caught flak for the Jacops fight. People felt like he didn't dominate and should have...well, some boxing people also feel that jacops is underrated and was a more dangerous fight than Canelo.

One way to look at the Canelo fight is that GGG was never in any real danger of losing, lets forget the judges for a moment and look at the fight. GGG generally starts slow to get his distance and feel out the opponent so him losing perhaps the first two rounds is nothing remarkable. He basically chased Cannelo around most of the subsequent fight, was much more busy and could have been given virtually all the middle rounds, though cannelo had his moments. Cannelo perhaps won the last two rounds, finishing strong.

All in all not necessarily a very challenging fight for GGG as compared to the Jacops fight. The real logic tells why people got salty about him being overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
                Ward's right hand in its prime (pre-surgery), like I said, slaps with it.

Flares his elbows at every opportunity, weak punch that easily deflects at the elbow, honestly hurts my elbow just to look at. His right hand has always been mainly to set up the left, what's Ward's top combinations? 1-2-1.
                The great ones have unorthodox technique. In that punch you show ward hits with the wrong part of his hand, but he is grounded, his weight is forward in delivery, thats not a slap. His hand did hit at the wrong spot. The punch was foreshortened so that it was untelegraphed. Ward is, like Mayweather a master at not telegraphing his shots. Even the KOvlev punch...a right if memory serves correct? was set up so that it was untelegraphed and followed through with the body weight.

I commend anyone who looks carefully at technique, I am a technique wonk myself, but to me Ward, who is not very fast, is compensating with less movement throughout, even throwing with the elbows wide at times. We call those teddy bear punches lol.

One thing: Ward turns his trunk with the arm to make sure the arm does not draw back away from the body and can be distingushed from the body. So the way this is untelegraphed is to move as a whole unit and then quickly push the weight on the front foot.
                Last edited by billeau2; 09-19-2017, 11:57 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                  Jacobs didn't give up the ring almost all together. Canelo has better spots but he lost. Miracle Man > Canelo
                  Ya I think Danny beats Canelo too, but Canelo beat GGG while Danny lost

Ca$h > Miracle

Comment

Originally posted by Bjl12 View Post
                    Ya I think Danny beats Canelo too, but Canelo beat GGG while Danny lost

Ca$h > Miracle
                    Danny has a case for winning. I thought he did 7-5. Fake Floyd won 4 rounds. 5 if you're trying super hard.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                      Danny has a case for winning. I thought he did 7-5. Fake Floyd won 4 rounds. 5 if you're trying super hard.
                      Harold Lederman lol. As bad as Byrd.

Ca$hnelo won straight up. 7-5 or 8-4 depending what you like.

Pls don't be upset

Comment

Working...
                      X