Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DeGale Gives Parting Shot To "Proper Horrible Geezer" Groves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Califire209 View Post
    The Saint should come out of retirement just to beat and punish Degale 1 last time.
    I believe Groves has enough left at the age of 30 to KO chunky.
    Another reason why degale is more bitter than groves; he always wanted that big money rematch and now has to fight eubank jr in order to get a decent purse!

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
      I think it was once Christie was exposed as a drug cheat that his popularity plummeted.
      He had the decision over turned, as the amount found in the sample could of potentially killed him. 'He was set up'.

Comment

Originally posted by Sickmerch1990 View Post
        I would of thought groves earned more money than degale froch 2 at Wembley must of earned groves about 5m and the super series final alot of money in that degale big earnings bute fight a few mil the jack dirrel a mil maybe 2 each maybe am wrong but anyway groves was the better fighter hands down
        Degale has better wins on his resume. What's Groves's best win? Also Degale drew with Jack, Groves lost to Jack. You can't say hands down Groves was better, they were very evenly matched.
        When they fought, it was decided by one round on two judge's cards, the third judge gave it a draw.

Comment

Originally posted by Scopedog View Post
          He can talk smack all he wants, but Groves is probably going to go down as a better fighter than Degale will. There's no question in my mind either who the smarter guy is. I've also got a feeling that Degale is going to have no leg to stand on at all after the Eubank fight either.
          Degale has only been knocked down once in his career, and never stopped.
          Groves down multiple times, including to Kenny Anderson, and stopped thrice.
          Degale drew with Jack, Groves lost to Jack.
          Degale won and defended his title in America, and won it away from home at the first attempt.
          Dirrell was a harder fight than Chudinov.
          Degale has beaten Dirrell and Bute in their own countries.
          What is Groves's best actual win? Chudinov? No, Degale. Which was decided on two judge's cards by one round, the other had it a draw.

So take all that into account, and you're struggling to justify saying Groves has had a better career. Earned more money thanks to Froch 2 and the WBSS, yes, but that doesn't say he was a better fighter. He was stopped by Froch and Smith anyway.

Comment

I suppose some boxing rivalries never really die down even when they retire there are still shots exchanged be it from the victor or the loser off one off the fights...

Comment

Originally Posted by Oldskoolg View Post
              I’ve come to the conclusion that the way froch and degale have responded to groves retiring just highlights the difference in culture between Americans and British....the brits are just a far more negative less happy people who are just far more given to negativity than Americans. I’ve noticed this in my time living there in the uk and clearly the behavior on social media

Originally posted by ArturoBalboa View Post
              You’ve used two of the biggest ar5eholes in British boxing to be representative of millions of people.
              And to compound that generalisation you’ve gone on to talk about British culture. England, Ireland, Scotland and Wales each have their own varied traditions and culture.
              What is American culture anyway? From an outsider looking in I don’t see how you can have a culture that encompasses all of you, you seem to be a collection of states that have as varied an idea on how society should operate as can be. Some very liberal progressive states others still fly the confederate flag
              Froch, Degale, Sanders, Whyte, Chisora, Eubank Jr., Fury etc. + MMAs Bisping, Paul Daley etc yep even english' elites are ugly punks w@nk£rs!
              And for your concern the english people are considered as the worst tourists in the world by all tourism offices around the globe.. no wonder that 99% of all brits have so ugly-clowny faces! and your women at 30 already looks like 60!

About culture nothing interesting from England since Pink Floyd.. your football sucks, the same as darts (lol!) cricket and whatever... your TV? a big lol at all their ugly cr@ps! politic? lol how they call the place who they smell their @$$£s & g£n!t@als all day long? and they are just submitted to russians, politacly at the russian, english are also submitted to foreign billionaires.. and what about the russia mafia all over the UK?

American culture? well the entire world looks at black Americans from hip hop to basketball right? even the english who do stupid rap with sissy maggots accents! lol

PS. I'm not even a American or black..
              Last edited by BoxHec; 02-11-2019, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
                Another reason why degale is more bitter than groves; he always wanted that big money rematch and now has to fight eubank jr in order to get a decent purse!
                That makes sense and does shed light on the over bitterness.. might never get a shot at Groves again if Jr. can Destroy Degale. Eubank hits harder than Traux and has a stronger engine as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHanz View Post
                  DeGale and Groves have always hated each other, why do people expect the likes of Chunky & Froch to suddenly act gracious towards Groves just because he's retired?
                  DeGale must retire ala Carl Fraud b4 being caught w drugs on his hands!

Comment

Originally posted by apollocreed View Post
                    Degale has only been knocked down once in his career, and never stopped.
                    Groves down multiple times, including to Kenny Anderson, and stopped thrice.
                    Degale drew with Jack, Groves lost to Jack.
                    Degale won and defended his title in America, and won it away from home at the first attempt.
                    Dirrell was a harder fight than Chudinov.
                    Degale has beaten Dirrell and Bute in their own countries.
                    What is Groves's best actual win? Chudinov? No, Degale. Which was decided on two judge's cards by one round, the other had it a draw.

So take all that into account, and you're struggling to justify saying Groves has had a better career. Earned more money thanks tFroch 2 and the WBSS, yes, but that doesn't say he was a better fighter. He was stopped by Froch and Smith anyway.
                    Stopped by Froid & Sniff anyhow.

Comment

Originally posted by Califire209 View Post
                      That makes sense and does shed light on the over bitterness.. might never get a shot at Groves again if Jr. can Destroy Degale. Eubank hits harder than Traux and has a stronger engine as well.
                      Eubank smoke DeGale drugs!?

Comment

Working...
                      X