Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: DeGale Gives Parting Shot To "Proper Horrible Geezer" Groves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He can talk smack all he wants, but Groves is probably going to go down as a better fighter than Degale will. There's no question in my mind either who the smarter guy is. I've also got a feeling that Degale is going to have no leg to stand on at all after the Eubank fight either.

Comment

Alright so Groves wasn't THE most popular fighter in the world but he's approximately 167 times more likeable that James DeButthurt. But if truth be told, I had him beating Groves by a round or two and so did a lot of people, but I honestly think even the ringside judges hated him and marked the tight rounds to Groves.

Comment

DeGale lost their fight and has hid from the rematch for years because he knew Groves would smash that china into a million pieces. I can't stand ****ing Eubank, but I'll at least get a bit of joy seeing his overrated ass lay waste to what's left of DeGale's rotting corpse. The Saint went out his way with pride and dignity still intact, DeGale is going out in a body bag

Comment

Groves should tweet at DeGale that he'd come back only to fight him, Chunky would **** his pants

Comment

The Saint should come out of retirement just to beat and punish Degale 1 last time.
            I believe Groves has enough left at the age of 30 to KO chunky.

Comment

Originally posted by Califire209 View Post
              The Saint should come out of retirement just to beat and punish Degale 1 last time.
              I believe Groves has enough left at the age of 30 to KO chunky.
              I think that’s what Degale is hoping. He probably needs the payday after boxing in the wilderness when the U.K. was booming.
              I’m not sure what the bigger win would be for GG out of staying retired to torment him or coming back to put him in his place.

Comment

Originally posted by trippers1 View Post
                My thoughts exactly, gorves fought in some big fights where everyone tuned in, and although Degale probably beat some good guys I just dont think he would have earned what groves did. I might be wrong and usually am but is the Eubank fight not Degales first PPV?? Groves did PPV against Froch x 2 and Eubank
                you know what am sure degale only ppv fight was v groves in 2011 I might be wrong with you lol it was a long time ago groves was on ppv also v Eubank I remember paying for that one like aswell

Comment

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
                  I’ve come to the conclusion that the way froch and degale have responded to groves retiring just highlights the difference in culture between Americans and British....the brits are just a far more negative less happy people who are just far more given to negativity than Americans. I’ve noticed this in my time living there in the uk and clearly the behavior on social media
                  Notice the way the British/my country, don't actually like anybody who is a real stand out champion or great athlete. Eventually they will be turned into Villains, it happened to Linford Chrsitie, AND in modern times? Lewis Hamilton, and out of nowhere Anthony Joshua. Anthony Joshua needs to halt his feelings deep down when it comes to the public and his supporters 'David Haye realized this near the end of his career'.

I am not a massive football supporter, but the only two world class players we have produced of late where Wayne Rooney and Ashley Cole, they where also turned into villains 'Mainly more Ashley Cole'.

Look at this article about Lewis Hamilton, I find this completely bizarre, I don't think he would be employed in america.

Note: I can't actually find the article, but basically it was about the British public hating Lewis Hamilton. The article was written in a national newspaper also, the writer seemed very passionate and non logcal with his hate.

But I think British boxers and domestically rivalry's over here seem more intense than in america. 'And that is why you see beef carrying on years after retirements'.

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHanz View Post
                    Journalist asks a question, DeGale answers it....
                    Read the article, there was no question; degale said he'd read an article . . .
                    Typically ungracious. Maybe degale doesn't realise he's possibly even less popular?

Comment

Originally posted by PRINCEKOOL View Post
                      Notice the way the British/my country, don't actually like anybody who is a real stand out champion or great athlete. Eventually they will be turned into Villains, it happened to Linford Chrsitie, AND in modern times? Lewis Hamilton, and out of nowhere Anthony Joshua. Anthony Joshua needs to halt his feelings deep down when it comes to the public and his supporters 'David Haye realized this near the end of his career'.

I am not a massive football supporter, but the only two world class players we have produced of late where Wayne Rooney and Ashley Cole, they where also turned into villains 'Mainly more Ashley Cole'.

Look at this article about Lewis Hamilton, I find this completely bizarre, I don't think he would be employed in america.

Note: I can't actually find the article, but basically it was about the British public hating Lewis Hamilton. The article was written in a national newspaper also, the writer seemed very passionate and non logcal with his hate.

But I think British boxers and domestically rivalry's over here seem more intense than in america. 'And that is why you see beef carrying on years after retirements'.
                      I think it was once Christie was exposed as a drug cheat that his popularity plummeted.

Comment

Working...
                      X