Creatine effects?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Creatine is awesome!

Comment

If you want to get stronger take it theirs no reason not to. Its the most researched supplement on planet earth 30+ years and it works. If you have kidney issues maybe you shouldnt take it but its not cause of creatine it cause you shouldnt be taking any supplements.

if you are thristy its because your water intake levels were already too low. People who have adequate water intake will never feel any side effects.

You will put on like 5lbs of water once you become fully saturated with creatine. I dont recommend preloading large amount of creatine just take a daily dose of 5g and you will be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxGod View Post
        If you want to get stronger take it theirs no reason not to. Its the most researched supplement on planet earth 30+ years and it works. If you have kidney issues maybe you shouldnt take it but its not cause of creatine it cause you shouldnt be taking any supplements.

if you are thristy its because your water intake levels were already too low. People who have adequate water intake will never feel any side effects.

You will put on like 5lbs of water once you become fully saturated with creatine. I dont recommend preloading large amount of creatine just take a daily dose of 5g and you will be fine.
        Yes I agree, it is a game changer for me.

I don’t have any current plans for an amature fight, but if I do will cycle off about 2 months before to drop the water weight!

Comment

Short update on where I am with creatine.

It’s addictive.

I take 3g a day, been at this now for c 6 weeks, and it helps immensely with training, I train about 5 days a week sometimes 6.

I am losing the bloat and water weight now and once again looking lean.

My only concern is the potential long term impact on my liver...!

Comment

I've never felt the effects of either creatine or caffeine the only thing that works for me is bcaa

Comment

Yeah Creatine has always been in my lifting routines for years. Never had an issue with it. Not sure how my liver looks though, lol. I take only the recommended dosage and only on days I'm lifting. I mix it with my preworkout. Ultimately, it isn't like a preworkout that you're going to get immediate effects. It requires a loading period so me taking it with my preworkout is just the time that I consume it but you could take it anytime during the day as long as you're consistent with it.

I would agree with everyone that you will get more bloated and lose definition because of the water weight. This in return helps with strength and building larger muscle so the payoff is that when you're off the creatine, the muscle is there and now you lean out a bit and get more defined.

The problem for me is the feeling of getting weaker when I'm off it. You won't go back to where you started, I think that's impossible because you will make real strength gains, but you will not be able to lift what you currently lift max while you're on it. You'll probably notice a 15-20% decrease or so in what you could lift while on it.

My cycle recommendation which is probably obvious, is get on it towards end of summer, stay on it throughout Fall and Winter. Tape off towards end of Winter back into Spring so you can lean out again before Summer. Rinse and repeat.
              Last edited by ELPacman; 02-16-2021, 11:51 AM.

Comment

I see two people here mentioning creatine's negative effects on the liver. Do you have any actual scientific research that can back this up or is this locker room bro science? Did you mean kidneys instead? Actually asking, because I can't find what you're talking about anywhere. Here's a study below that says it has no harmful effect and keep in mind how long creatine's been around and how many studies have been done...

The purpose of this study was to determine the effect of long-term Cr supplementation on blood parameters reflecting liver and kidney function. Twenty-three members of an NCAA Division II American football team (ages = 19–24 years) with at least 2 years of strength training experience were divided into a Cr monohydrate group (CrM, n = 10) in which they voluntarily and spontaneously ingested creatine, and a control group (n = 13) in which they took no supplements. Individuals in the CrM group averaged regular daily consumption of 5 to 20 g (mean ± SD = 13.9 ± 5.8 g) for 0.25 to 5.6 years (2.9 ± 1.8 years). Venous blood analysis for serum albumin, alkaline phosphatase, alanine aminotransferase, aspartate aminotransferase, bilirubin, urea, and creatinine produced no significant differences between groups. Creatinine clearance was estimated from serum creatinine and was not significantly different between groups. Within the CrM group, correlations between all blood parameters and either daily dosage or duration of supplementation were nonsignificant.

Therefore, it appears that oral supplementation with CrM has no long-term detrimental effects on kidney or liver functions in highly trained college athletes in the absence of other nutritional supplements.

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                  Eh, it’s not special.

I never took the time to notice any enhancement to my workouts, I just know when I finish a phase of training, when using creatine, I’m generally strong af.

I retain water on creatine mono, so I don’t use that. I found that the best creatine for me is creatine hydrochloride. I don’t retain water with that. So I don’t necessarily have more size but I also don’t have that puffy exterior.

Definitely drink sufficient water and don’t take too much cause the stuff can damage your kidneys when taken in high doses.

I don’t use the stuff anymore though.I can’t be arsed but creatine hcl is the way to go, IMO. No real cons to speak of other than money spent.
                  Agree. Pre-Kaged by "Kaged Muscle" is a great pre-workout drink with creatine HCl.

Comment

You don't need a loading phase. After 2 weeks, you will have the same effect on your muscles with one dose/day. Creatine just hydrates your muscles.

Comment

Originally posted by Soju View Post
                      I see two people here mentioning creatine's negative effects on the liver. Do you have any actual scientific research that can back this up or is this locker room bro science? Did you mean kidneys instead? Actually asking, because I can't find what you're talking about anywhere. Here's a study below that says it has no harmful effect and keep in mind how long creatine's been around and how many studies have been done...

The purpose of this study was to determine the effect of long-term Cr supplementation on blood parameters reflecting liver and kidney function. Twenty-three members of an NCAA Division II American football team (ages = 19–24 years) with at least 2 years of strength training experience were divided into a Cr monohydrate group (CrM, n = 10) in which they voluntarily and spontaneously ingested creatine, and a control group (n = 13) in which they took no supplements. Individuals in the CrM group averaged regular daily consumption of 5 to 20 g (mean ± SD = 13.9 ± 5.8 g) for 0.25 to 5.6 years (2.9 ± 1.8 years). Venous blood analysis for serum albumin, alkaline phosphatase, alanine aminotransferase, aspartate aminotransferase, bilirubin, urea, and creatinine produced no significant differences between groups. Creatinine clearance was estimated from serum creatinine and was not significantly different between groups. Within the CrM group, correlations between all blood parameters and either daily dosage or duration of supplementation were nonsignificant.

Therefore, it appears that oral supplementation with CrM has no long-term detrimental effects on kidney or liver functions in highly trained college athletes in the absence of other nutritional supplements.
                      You're right. It's well tolerated unless you have kidney issues to begin with. It could cause problems if you have trouble making weight.

Comment

Working...
                      X