Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can beterbiev become a p4p level fighter?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
    but if one has a better resume in the same division, does he not have to be ranked higher?
    Not necessarily. P4P is opinion anyway, I just think Bivol is on another level talent wise. For example most people rank Spence above Thurman even though Thurman has a better resume at 147.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
      I laugh when you make posts like this man, because honestly how was GGG on the p4p list?? honestly what were theses big wins that got him there?? was he not there because he passed the eye test??? isnt the eye test what you are using to hype Joe Joyce?? you can not decide when the eye test can be used and legit and then laugh when others use the same criteria that you use man
      Gggs resume is very average on paper and in a different era he wouldn't be up there. But pretty much everyone else hasn't done much either, you can pick and choose who you want outside of lomachenko who is clearly ahead of the others in terms of resume.

Comment

Seems like a good argument for top 10 P4P could be made if he had victories over Bivol and the winner of Alvarez/Kovalev II.

Possibly if Gvozdyk beats Stevenson and looks awesome doing it, Beterbiev might need that victory too but I think he'd be in the conversation without it.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          Beating Bivol alone gets you a top p4p spot? Are you mad? How does that happen when Bivol isn't even in the top 10?
          its all about potential. how did corrales get on the list beating robert garcia and manfredy?

Comment

I think Beterbiev beats and has a good chance to knock out Bivol.

Comment

lol he doesn't beat Bivol.

Comment

To have a shot at P4P he'd need to either clean up 175 completely or beat Usyk at Cruiser. I don't think either one has a chance in hell of happening.

Comment

Too old. Too late bruddah

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
                    I wouldn't put him on their personally for it but To be fair one good win and passing the eye test can get u in contention these days lol.
                    Crawford still has 0 wins over an active A class or above fighter and the eye test put him #1 for a ton of people. Anyone can become p4p nowadays. Just beat bums, have HBO hype you, and pick up belts from weak opposition. Then act like you'll fight the best but sign an extension to a promoter notorious for in house and ****ty fights. Idiots will claim the elite are ducking you when in reality you're ducking them... gettin' paid doe.

Comment

Naw i dont see him as PFP level. Nowhere near it.

Comment

Working...
                      X