Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BOXING IS DEAD! Lomachenko Guranteed Was $1.2 Million More Than UFC236 ENTIRE PAY

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
    The figures above are from the U.S. market alone... the fight sold on the U.K. ppv market as well...
    haven't seen any data on the uk numbers. i know ppv is only 25 dollars there so it would have had to do really well and it aired at 4 am so probably not too great would be my guess. either way the purses for both fighters were far too high. if they had been paid 3-4 million it would be considered a success similar to spence-garcia. are they going to pay wilder 10 million to fight breazele? if so why?

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      haven't seen any data on the uk numbers. i know ppv is only 25 dollars there so it would have had to do really well and it aired at 4 am so probably not too great would be my guess. either way the purses for both fighters were far too high. if they had been paid 3-4 million it would be considered a success similar to spence-garcia. are they going to pay wilder 10 million to fight breazele? if so why?
      ... obviously, the made big money because of Fury...
      ... in case they pay Wilder $10 million (or more) is only
      because he was "loyal" af...

Comment

... vs Rodriguez (2013) he made only $2 Million...
        Wow

Man that is cool.

Comment

Dre was forced to fight a killer in order to make that amount of money...
          And his promoter was forced to pay the same amount to the ref and judges to make sure he won.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
            Wow

Man that is cool.
            That's what he made (and $100k were from E-Rod, for not making weight...)

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
              And his promoter was forced to pay the same amount to the ref and judges to make sure he won.
              ... In the first fight, maybe...

Comment

... In the first fight, maybe...
                The ref was paid off in the second fight. I can't see any other possible explanation for that horrible stoppage, from blatently low blows.

Weeks set a trap for Kovalev by warning Ward for targeting the waistband early in the fight. Then when Kovalev reacted to being hit in the same place, and even lower, later in the fight, Weeks waves him out without counting or giving him any chance to continue even if he wanted to.

It was the most blatent example of corrupt refereeing I've ever seen.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                  The ref was paid off in the second fight. I can't see any other possible explanation for that horrible stoppage, from blatently low blows.

Weeks set a trap for Kovalev by warning Ward for targeting the waistband early in the fight. Then when Kovalev reacted to being hit in the same place, and even lower, later in the fight, Weeks waves him out without counting or giving him any chance to continue even if he wanted to.

It was the most blatent example of corrupt refereeing I've ever seen.
                  ... man, Kovalev was drunk back then... he said it himself...

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                    I’d say that’s entirely likely. And that’s a massive purse for what was basically a tune up.

(Actually, Pedraza was his tune up, so what do you even consider Crolla? Paid Sparring partner?)
                    I wouldn't even consider Crolla a paid partner, its not like he brings money to the table, he was just a D-level mandatory.

Comment

The figures above are from the U.S. market alone... the fight sold on the U.K. ppv market as well...

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      I can't find out how many buys it got in the UK because BARB don't give seperate numbers for BT Box Office, like they do for Sky Box Office.

The only UK viewing figures released were of the number of people who watched it via illegal streams, which was approx 1 million.

That's a hell of a lot for a fight that started at 4 am, and as PPV prices are so low over here, I wouldn't be surprised if at least the same number watched it legally. It was a very big fight in the UK.
                      Last edited by kafkod; 04-16-2019, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X