No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin To Continue Fighting 3 To 4 Times Per Year

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tiliheels View Post
    in a perfect word..your right..but in athis world where many colors of skin differ...u couldnt be further off base..its actually sad, but gotta live in reality..

lets be honest...hbo is now the white man/hispanic channel
    and pbc/showtime is for the black man...

thats wat these ppl want
    Thank al haymon for that ....Stevenson,wilder.thurman ,porter didn't have to run to PBC there were offers from the other channel (HBO & TOP RANK).....they ran over there because there's safety in numbers and they know they get mummy cuddled...wilder and Stevenson are classic examples of that.....defending there titles with little risk......hopefully Terence Crawford will keep on HBO and other black fights will feature

Comment

Originally posted by 2501 View Post
      Cue the "YEAH ALL BUMS" posts from the Ward groupies
      YEAH ALL GREAT FIGHTERS.

Happy?

Comment

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
        Him fighting 3-4 times a year is great..as long as he is fighting top contenders or world champions...
        How many times do we have to explain it? He always wanted to fight the other champions at 160. They all ducked him so far except Lemieux. Hope andy lee and cotto/canelo winner have the guts to fight him too.

Comment

Great, another reason not to like PPV

Comment

I think that is great. More fighters should fight more often. I know promotions get in the way. It's not always the fighter's fault, but GGG clearly is making this happen as often as he can when he does not have to. He also goes for the knockout when he does not have to. The guy is what every fighter should be and is great for the sport. He rewards his fans with high action fights and he does so often. Have to admire that.

Comment

While running all the so-called champs out of town

If a world champ vacates rather than give GGG a shot, then it's basically beating him. Not the same as calling out guys two divisions above or below. But Cotto has ducked GGG for a while now.

Canelo will vacate rather than fight.

I think Lee may do it, meaning GGG will have unified the division.

He'll get high quality fighters to come up and down then.

Originally posted by HanzGruber View Post
              Will continue to fight (nobody of note) 3 to 4 times a year
              While running the greats like Cotto out of town. Leaving Ward sending absurd contracts only a moron would sign.

Originally posted by T.M.T View Post
              the campaign to fight construction workers and painters continue
              Floyd doesn't want anything to do with him. You think he should fight Ward. Hypocrite.

Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
              Him fighting 3-4 times a year is great..as long as he is fighting top contenders or world champions...
              He running world champs out of town. Can't help if they are all missing balks.

Cotto, Canelo, Quilin, even Ward had turned down the fight.

Oh, but yea. Ward did try to get GGG to sign a ridiculous contract this year, and GGG said shove it, I got fights. Not against dudes fighting on BET.

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              Wilder is getting shat on for his recent level of opposition, and rightly so. No one is praising him for staying so active.

The same standards should apply to Golovkin.
              Difference. GGG is trying to get the belts in his division, not his fault cowards have them.

But not for long. Mandated baby!

Comment

Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
                If a world champ vacates rather than give GGG a shot, then it's basically beating him. Not the same as calling out guys two divisions above or below. But Cotto has ducked GGG for a while now.

Canelo will vacate rather than fight.

I think Lee may do it, meaning GGG will have unified the division.

He'll get high quality fighters to come up and down then.

While running the greats like Cotto out of town. Leaving Ward sending absurd contracts only a moron would sign.

Floyd doesn't want anything to do with him. You think he should fight Ward. Hypocrite.

He running world champs out of town. Can't help if they are all missing balks.

Cotto, Canelo, Quilin, even Ward had turned down the fight.

Oh, but yea. Ward did try to get GGG to sign a ridiculous contract this year, and GGG said shove it, I got fights. Not against dudes fighting on BET.

Difference. GGG is trying to get the belts in his division, not his fault cowards have them.

But not for long. Mandated baby!

I agree. If you are the only champion of a weight class, you will get big fights. It's funny how one world champion works. What a revelation!

When GGG unifies the title, others will come up. I think he needs to carry a few guys and let the opposition think he's getting weak. That, coupled with all the belts, should mean big PPV fights.

Comment

Wilder is getting shat on for his recent level of opposition, and rightly so. No one is praising him for staying so active.

When GGG starts ducking mandatories to fight cans ranked 32 and 31 in the world, THEN compare him to Wilder.

Comment

The argument is about staying active. Not quality of opposition.
                    You seem to be having an argument with yourself there.
                    Last edited by kafkod; 10-12-2015, 08:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
                      I agree. If you are the only champion of a weight class, you will get big fights. It's funny how one world champion works. What a revelation!

When GGG unifies the title, others will come up. I think he needs to carry a few guys and let the opposition think he's getting weak. That, coupled with all the belts, should mean big PPV fights.
                      Yea, I agree totally. I think he has carried a few times. I don't think he'll play again Lemieux.

I do believe after he has all four major MW belts we'll see more talk from Eubank, and Lara and Andrade will probably want to come up.

Not just beating and running guys off, but leaving no room for doubt. I also think he deserves that shot.

That's why this Ward talk is lame. GGG is expected to fight a guy two division above him for no other reason than he is too good for MW. Like, hell, then let him unify like he should.

Beating Canelo or Cotto, Lee, Quilin, (Andrade, Lara) if they come up. That would put his resume in overdrive.

Then when he has proved all he can. He should take in a top SMW.

I do think GGG will eventually go up to 168, but that will be after he has made a statement where he is at.

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                      You seem to be having an argument with yourself there.
                      Nice catch.

Comment

Working...
                      X