No announcement yet.

Just getting started

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mrboxer View Post
    if you need help in learning the sweet science you have to be dedicated,you must observe,so ask and i will give you my best advice
    I did ask, toolbag.

Comment

so you want to be a carpenter,wise choice,buy some good tools to go along with your tool bag

Comment

lol..

anyway, i was in your position once, i had no access to a gym. I was extremely motivated to box but had no one to teach me or help me, so for now, you should buy a heavy bag, get a skipping rope, and try to jog every morning or whenever your flexible.For workouts You should also do push-ups, chin-ups etc, (straight out of a Joe Frazier book lol).

The problem you may have with heavy bags is that since you really don't know how to "punch" the proper way, you could develop bad habits, but theres a lot of information from the web and watching pro fights can help you. A skipping rope is essential to. Baby steps after baby steps, you will progress.

Good Luck

Comment

Originally posted by VTBuc View Post
          Since then, I've play-fought with a few other friends who are also interested in boxing
          Didnt you know that these count towards your amateur record? Dont worry about all that silly stuff like a trainer, a gym, technique, or in fact any boxing knowledge or experience whatsoever.... you're ready for the the pro's!!

.... sorry I'm jesting of course, good luck with the boxing mate!

Comment

Originally posted by Dirt McGirt View Post
            Didnt you know that these count towards your amateur record? Dont worry about all that silly stuff like a trainer, a gym, technique, or in fact any boxing knowledge or experience whatsoever.... you're ready for the the pro's!!

.... sorry I'm jesting of course, good luck with the boxing mate!

Reading some of the other threads on here, it's hilarious how many people believe that's true!

Comment

Working...
            X