No announcement yet.

Ward vs Kovalev 2 many instances of fighters losing a rd and coming back to win

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Godsfly View Post
    with kovalovs own words and new admissions that ward beat him broke him down and won fair and square (like i have been saying this entire thread) new england is a complete clown and a disgrace for a "ward fan" just truly truly ridiculous stuff.
    I can't give you green K because you've disabled karma.

Comment

You could tell that they were two fighters heading in opposite directions.

Ward was getting stronger, and starting to turn it on.

Kovalev was tired and looking for a way out.

It was pretty obvious.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        clean win. fighter lands a low blow, fight is called off.

objective. calling shots that ward himself called borderline "clear body shots" is also objective. FFS ward himself called them borderline

whatever helps you guys sleep at night . i am an objective poster. i am actually a ward fan. i went to las vegas to see the first kovalev fight, and i wasn't there to see kovalev. i even bet on ward. do not care if oyu don't believe me.
        Borderline MAY have reserved a warning, not a points deduction. Doesn't change the fact Kov was looking for a way out in my opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
          Borderline MAY have reserved a warning, not a points deduction. Doesn't change the fact Kov was looking for a way out in my opinion.

borderline

dude you can't expect me to take you seriously if you're going to watch a clear low blow land in literally in slow motion and call it borderline.

shots aroudn the navel are borderline. this punch was very clearly lower than that.

better fighter won, still a tainted win. FFS that's a low blow. this whole "borderline" rhetoric needs to stop. it was low. weeks blew it and stopped the fight on a foul.

just because one guy is a flat out better fighter, we ignore low blows?

ward's developinga reputation as a dirty fighter, and he's not doing anything to dissuade people who say he's headbutted intentionally in the past, that he holds to get an advantage and land illegally with a free hand, and now that he throws low blows.

Comment

Originally posted by johnm is... View Post
            You could tell that they were two fighters heading in opposite directions.

Ward was getting stronger, and starting to turn it on.

Kovalev was tired and looking for a way out.

It was pretty obvious.

again, this is completely irrlevant in a discussion of whether or not it was a low blow. doesn't matter who was winning. doesn't matter who you like [i like ward more than kovalev.] doesn't matter who was the better fighter [i always knew ward was a better fighter, and that he had kovlaev figured out from the first fight.]

what matters is whether or not the blow was low. was it low? very obviously the answer to that question is yes.

Comment

If you made $900K in your last fight and offered $3 mil,
              what "right deal" are you still talking about?
              Makes no sense. Might as well just stay where you are
              and rematch Stiverne.

Comment

Originally posted by SonnyboyReturns View Post

Now for the truth:

1. Kovalev's trunks creased out forming an air pocket because he is bending over.

2. On impact Ward's glove is hitting the top belt line as shown by the red arrow. It also covers the "Krusher" logo which is obstructed by kovalev's arm.

3. The body shock ripple effect happens when Ward's glove hits the top beltline, after crushing the hublot air pocket.

You can clearly see Ward's glove hitting the belt line as shown by the red arrow. First the Hublot air pocket gets crushed without any impact damage. Then Kovalev's body absorbs the impact when Ward's glove crashes into his belt. That's a borderline shot.

All legal blows debate over. Accept reality and admit Kovalev got his ass kicked.

instead of goign through hoops trying to see the top of the glove, look at the bottom of the glove, which clearly lands low

you guys are not on my level and not worth my time. sad that i've wasted this much of my life trying to argue with people who appear to be motivated very obviously by something outside of objectivty, truth, or a quest to engage in productive talk about boxing.

post another meme, kid.

Comment

again, this is completely irrlevant in a discussion of whether or not it was a low blow. doesn't matter who was winning. doesn't matter who you like [i like ward more than kovalev.] doesn't matter who was the better fighter [i always knew ward was a better fighter, and that he had kovlaev figured out from the first fight.]

what matters is whether or not the blow was low. was it low? very obviously the answer to that question is yes.
                  Dude, stop being logical and making sense. Wardturds hate it!

Comment

borderline

dude you can't expect me to take you seriously if you're going to watch a clear low blow land in literally in slow motion and call it borderline.

shots aroudn the navel are borderline. this punch was very clearly lower than that.

better fighter won, still a tainted win. FFS that's a low blow. this whole "borderline" rhetoric needs to stop. it was low. weeks blew it and stopped the fight on a foul.

just because one guy is a flat out better fighter, we ignore low blows?

ward's developinga reputation as a dirty fighter, and he's not doing anything to dissuade people who say he's headbutted intentionally in the past, that he holds to get an advantage and land illegally with a free hand, and now that he throws low blows.
                    The problem with this is that you are watching slow motion and freeze frame replays. Weeks wasn't. Everything live happens much faster than on television. I m sure you already know this. And again, it doesn't change the fact Kovalev was looking for a way out starting in the 7th round.

And so what if Ward has taken certain liberties in the ring, thousands of fighters have before him and thousands will after him. Boxing isn't for the meek.

Comment

instead of goign through hoops trying to see the top of the glove, look at the bottom of the glove, which clearly lands low

The bottom of his glove catches the material which is clearly scrunched up, I mean that happens when you bend over. If you ignore this fact it looks low.

Comment

Working...
                      X