No announcement yet.

Who handled Dirrell better?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SilverMiles View Post
    It seems you ducked my question thun. I asked who was more accomplished in the paid ranks David Lemiuex or Andre Dirrell?
    Dirrell, obviously. His two best wins are Arthur Abraham and the win against Froch in which consensus states he was robbed. Lemieux got nothing on either Abraham or Froch. Lemieux's best win is Hassan N'dam Jikam.

Comment

And by the way, I'm not british... Ward is P4P #1 in the world. Satisfied?

Comment

lmao ggg haters getting desperate now, bringing up old amateur fights with headguards on

Comment

Originally posted by TheBoxingXpert View Post
          And by the way, I'm not british... Ward is P4P #1 in the world. Satisfied?
          P4P number 1?!?!? what the ****s he done in 5 years

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
            DeGale faced a Dirrell who was/is basically a failure and a bust as a pro.

Dirrell was a great amateur fighter who's pro career amounted to jack ****. I can't remember if he even won a major title as a professional and I think he's been a pro for over 12 years. 12 years with no hardware isn't exactly something to write home about.

So yea, while DeGale may have been more impressive, he also didn't fight the best Dirrell. He fought a Dirrell who was basically neutered at the pro level.
            Thats unfair. Dirrel was a promising young fighter whos career was derailed by a brain injury.

People talk about Andre Ward because he won the super six. The outcome might have been different if Dirrell had not had his career derailed by a foul by Arthur Abraham.

Comment

Who handled Dirrell better?

1) DeGale, who convincingly defeated Dirrell and knocked him down two times.

2) Golovkin, who fought Dirrell twice, winning one and losing one, both by decision and without knockdowns. The result of both fights are disputed by some.
              GGG didn't fight Dirrell...unless you're talking amateurs and that's just idiotic.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
                Yup just checked right now.

His biggest win is Arthur Abraham. But that does that make him a great fighter?

Robert Stieglitz TKOed Abraham and he actually won a major title the WBO. Stieglitz has had a better pro career than Andre Dirrell, that's really sad when you stop and think about it.
                He was robbed against Froch as well. Wasn't really a close fight, it was a clear decision for Dirrell, where if I recall, he even knocked Froch down.

Comment

this dude is getting more and more ******ed, i didn't think it was possible but there it is.
                  comparing pro and amateur fights now

Comment

Bute was winning before Golovkin knocked him out. Froch was beating Bute from the beginning till the end.

But this thread is about Dirrell. Not Bute.
                    The thread is about Dirrell - GGG, so I won't waste much time but Golovkin was well ahead on the cards at the time of the Bute stoppage, despite the fact that it looked pretty competitive.

Not entirely sure of the point of the thread but it appears you're trying to work out who's better between GGG and Degale. Would that be a correct assumption? They should fight.

Just as an aside this does seem a rather long winded way to express the opinion that you don't rate GGG very highly, I've noticed the same theme in a number of posts and comments you've made and I think everyone gets the point already.

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                      The thread is about Dirrell - GGG, so I won't waste much time but Golovkin was well ahead on the cards at the time of the Bute stoppage, despite the fact that it looked pretty competitive.

Not entirely sure of the point of the thread but it appears you're trying to work out who's better between GGG and Degale. Would that be a correct assumption? They should fight.

Just as an aside this does seem a rather long winded way to express the opinion that you don't rate GGG very highly, I've noticed the same theme in a number of posts and comments you've made and I think everyone gets the point already.
                      This thread has one purpose and that purpose is expressed clearly in the opening post. The question is, who handled Dirrell better? Not "Golovkin vs. DeGale". Just who handled Dirrell better.

Comment

Working...
                      X