Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which Fighter could have had a better career for various reasons?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
    Wouldn't surprise me. Hell, a lot of boxers got involved in wrestling at some point. Primo Carnera, Mike Tyson, Holyfield, Ali, Mayweather, etc. so they probably took what they learned and applied it in wrestling or vice versa. Would make a good deal more money in the process.
    Tyson actually said that pro wrestling is phony but the pay checks are real.

Comment

HAHA good point by Tyson then. What he made from Vince McMahon probably made up for some of the money he didn't get from Don King.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthony342 View Post
        HAHA good point by Tyson then. What he made from Vince McMahon probably made up for some of the money he didn't get from Don King.
        not quite.....lol don really screwed mike

Comment

Originally posted by The Old LefHook View Post
          And Oscar should have gotten the nod. When a rotten decision occurs in the fight of a generation, it is enough to drive you away. They semi drove me away. I have not actually bought an event in years. Hoya was a better fighter than stiff-legged Trinidad.

What someone needs to do is make a compilation of dirt and bad decisions and see if this type of disappointment was more common in Donking productions. The answer would tell us a lot about whether King was ultimately good for boxing. I would have to bet that skullduggery was more common under King than elsewhere in general.
          True that!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rightsideup View Post
            not quite.....lol don really screwed mike
            Oh I know. That's why I only said some of the money. It's not close to the full amount haha. He would've made more from Vince too if he hadn't lost to Buster Douglas, who was the one who ended up getting the guest referee gig that year at Summerslam.

Comment

Another that comes to mind is that bastard Paul Spadafora, had he stayed away from the booze and drugs.

Comment

I wept when Sanchez drove too fast on Mexican roads.
                He's my all time favorite.. I was in high school when my mentors (uncles) told me..

Now I gotta play Mexican music, get emotional & watch Sanchez ko Gomez, & Nelson.

Comment

if may didnt have hand issues......
                  if mike wasnt a mental midget.....
                  if tony ayala wasnt a rapy basterd....

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                    That's a funny one.

So what were Sanderline Williams, Merqui Sosa and Reggie Johnson then?

Could argue he lost all those fights.

Johnson made him look like an absolute novice for the majority of the fight as did Nunn.

The only fight where he looked decent was against a past his best McCallum and he didn't even win it.
                    Toney beat Johnson to me, and Nunn was a terrific fighter that Toney rallied to beat. He was coming on strong in the last few rounds, but nunn’s hometown judges gave him nearly every round. Toney looked great in the draw versus McCallum and looked so-so in the win in the rematch. I thought Toney lost the rematch.

I’ve never seen the sanderline Williams or Sosa fights.

Toney could have done more but always would have issues with certain fighters due to his slow feet. He would look great against an ideal opponent like Barkley but have more trouble with the more agile movers.

Comment

Originally posted by Team Reek View Post
                      Toney beat Johnson to me, and Nunn was a terrific fighter that Toney rallied to beat. He was coming on strong in the last few rounds, but nunn’s hometown judges gave him nearly every round. Toney looked great in the draw versus McCallum and looked so-so in the win in the rematch. I thought Toney lost the rematch.

I’ve never seen the sanderline Williams or Sosa fights.

Toney could have done more but always would have issues with certain fighters due to his slow feet. He would look great against an ideal opponent like Barkley but have more trouble with the more agile movers.
                      Even if you think he beat Johnson he still looked like a total amateur and was easily outboxed for long stretches of the fight.

He beat Nunn fair and sqaure but again looked like an amatuer and was well behind on the cards.

McCallum 1 was his only good performance at Middleweight and I scored that a draw.

Perhaps you should watch Sosa and Williams as he looked totaly garbage in both and argubaly lost both.

He didn't look good at Middleweight, at all. Lost a ridiculous amount of rounds. Toney didn't look great at any weight actually.

Comment

Working...
                      X