Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Impressive Bernard Hopkins or Wilfred Benitez?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I say it's a tie?

One must also consider that B Hop is a gym rat (like most Philly fighters) and can credit his succes mostly to his health and fitness along with his skills and experience at this incredible boxing age of 6000000 years old (or something like that ) however. Benitez would rarely train and relied on natural instinct. He was uncannily flawless defensively with incredible counter punching, and wisdom beyond his years.

I'm going to say Benitez.

Comment

That's actually kinda hard choice ha.

17 will never be beaten because nobody really goes pro anymore at least in the US until 18 or so on and that's if they were boxing since they were kids or early teens. Most teenagers are very green.

However like New England said, your body SHOULD be slowing down mid or late 30's nevertheless 40 ****in 6 years old. Not to mention he does it with pure skill, technique, and intelligence which says a lot for how ****in good he is and he hardly gets ANY credit. People still hate which is a ****in joke.

Probably the young Wilfred but only by ONE TINY ITTY BITTY HAIR!

Comment

Benitez clearly.

A better question would be what is more impressive if the opponent is the same caliber of fighter.

Comment

Benitez.

Hop had years to build his boxing iq and learn all the tricks to be great. But to come in at 17 before you've matured both physically and mentally is prodigious.

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
            Benitez.

Hop had years to build his boxing iq and learn all the tricks to be great. But to come in at 17 before you've matured both physically and mentally is prodigious.
            Whilst beating Antonio Cervnates at that.

Comment

Benitez at 17 for sure. Boxing at an elite level (as a welterweight in the era of Leonard Hearns and Duran no less) is not an easy thing to do when u have so little experience, being 17 and all. But there he was making it look so easy, winning the title from a HOF Champion like Cervantes. You might even believe Wilfredo Benitez was literally born to fight, he did it so young and so well. His ring exploits are nothing short of amazing. WOW.

Comment

Originally posted by fitefanSHO View Post
                Benitez at 17 for sure. Boxing at an elite level (as a welterweight in the era of Leonard Hearns and Duran no less) is not an easy thing to do when u have so little experience, being 17 and all. But there he was making it look so easy, winning the title from a HOF Champion like Cervantes. You might even believe Wilfredo Benitez was literally born to fight, he did it so young and so well. His ring exploits are nothing short of amazing. WOW.

sad that he burnt out so quickly
                imagine what he could have done with more time to hone his skills

you pumped for the game tonight?
                here we go bruins
                here we go!

and here i was calling for chirelli and julienne's heads on a platter not three months ago

Comment

Boston Bruins is the family business here, literally. Go BRUINS!

Comment

I agree with most here that benitez is more impressive. He beat a HOFer and to me Bernard accomplishments may be more commendable but seeing 17 year olds at the gym every day really puts this in perspective for me. Just amazing stuff.

Comment

Both are impressive as hell. I would have to give Hopkins win an A due to his age and his prime opponent. And Benetiz win an A+ because he was only 17 years old. He didn't even finish puberty yet lol and beats a HOFer. so they are close as hell but 17 beating a grown man who probably has way more man strength then you is pretty damnn impressive.

Comment

Working...
                      X