No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence-Algieri PBC Card Draws TV Average of 1.24 Million

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Fetta View Post
    Oh yeah i knew what you meant. Just saw an opportunity to talk baseball and i took it
    fair enough

Comment

• Originally posted by Fetta View Post
      Scherzer is the best pitcher they have but Gonzales and Strasburg are legit too. That team is stacked.

Harper is the future of baseball. Remember hearing about him at 15. Kid a phenom.

My buddy and I argue who is the best young player and i say Harper he says Trout. Both good
      It's pretty even between the two right now. Trout's defense at CF maybe gives him a slight edge as the all-around player, but Harper's the better offensive player.

I tend to think that the longer Harper plays and the more offensive stats he compiles, the more he'll start to separate himself from Trout.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
        How so? More people saw Broner fight his debut on NBC. His next fight was against Porter a much bigger name. Yet it did worse ratings on NBC. Just like every NBC show has dropped in ratings. There is no evidence what so ever that these ratings will carry over to the next fight let alone go up. Actually all the evidence says the opposite. Thurman did more then double these ratings but only did 800k viewers for his next show.
        The fashion in which Spence won could help out. People anxious to see what he's gonna do next.

Comment

• They erasedy thread asking if spence is roiding and had a picand a reason why yet ive seen them keep racist threads on here smh the mods here are ridiculous.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
            The Saturday audience is significantly smaller than the TV audience on any other day of the week; home availabilities means jack and **** when you remember that the audience on Saturdays rarely goes over 10m total homes.

PBC "spending far more money just to get ratings re-runs get" is of little consequence currently because NBC isn't paying the money, PBC is. Even with that, the PBC airing is still positioned to generate more money than simply airing Dateline or a re-run of some show (the 18-49 numbers for PBC have consistently held up, regardless of what the top line number is, and advertisers care far more about the 18-54 number than anything).

The night of fights was good, the viewership for the show (as has been the case for basically every PBC show so far) grew throughout the night and peaked for the fight that PBC wanted the audience to see, and the commercials are regularly being sold.

Ortiz-Berto is the next PBC fight card for terrestrial TV, the weekend of 4/30 isn't as jampacked with sports to compete for eyeballs with (Stanley Cup Playoffs and an NBA Playoff game on cable). I look forward to seeing you try to trash those numbers as well, lol.
            Of course the overall ratings are lower on Sat who said they weren't? I said reruns on SAT prime time get these type of ratings. And 1mil is far below the avg these networks get on SAT prime time. So why you bringing up weekdays? The ratings are bad when you do a apples to apples comparison of Sat prime time. The ratings are also bad if you just look at PBC ratings this is the worst one yet and each card on NBC has performed worst then the one prior. You can spin it all you want that's bad.

The ratings aren't good for 18-49 demo. What are you talking about they finished DEAD last this weekend in the 18-49 ratings for their time slot. lol And if these numbers were so good then why according to LA Times are they getting such low amounts in advertisement dollars and you think that amount will go up despite the fact that the TV ratings have gone down from last year? I guess according to you advertisers just don't care about the ratings and will start throwing money away by giving it to PBC even though nobody is watching? SMH

And of course right now the Networks don't care PBC is paying them. Duh it's free money that's the only reason PBC is on NBC or any other network they are paying a premium for the air time. Meaning when these shows belly flop PBC loses money NOT the network. None of these networks are taking a loss regardless how many free tickets they give away, or how little money they get from advertisers, ect. The question is when the money runs out and they can no longer afford to pay networks for the air time and now they need the network to pay why would they? The ratings are bad and these networks have other options for programming that are much cheaper they can just air reruns old shows that they already own for a small license fee and GET the same or better ratings then PBC is getting LMAO

Again back to blaming the latest PBC ratings disaster on other sports. Dude PBC has aired now in Spring, Summer, Fall, Winter no matter the season and pulled bad ratings. What was the reason for the Dec NBC card pulling such bad ratings? Why did they debut on FOX to almost HALF as much as they debuted on NBC the year prior? There was no playoffs going on then? At this point it seems very clear casual fans just don't care about PBC and it's not because they want to watch Basketball, Football, Baseball, Hockey, Golf, Nascar, ect. It's more they just don't want to watch PBC.

Comment

• When the next PBC card on FOX airs to far less ratings then the last FOX card which is consistent to the drop we have seen with every NBC card I'm sure you will be here screaming it's because the World Series of Poker was on that night or the midget wrestling, or Dodgeball was on ESPN the Ocho.

Comment

• Originally posted by RSBonos View Post
                1.4 is never good for network TV.

There is no defending this.

I don't understand what Haymon thinks he will accomplish by putting on cards on a bunch of different channels without any rhyme or reason. How do they expect to develop any sort of following?
                We are talking about a guy that never headlined before though. If they put Spence in with another recognizable name then it would do much better. It was would also help if it wasn't competing with so many other events that night. His numbers will only go up after that performance. The whole point in the PBC was to build stars and they are doing a pretty good job of that IMO. The only thing I would have changed is adding a prospect on the card like Lubin, or Tank instead of Browne.

Comment

• From Dan Rafael:

http://espn.go.com/blog/dan-rafael/p...in-u-s-via-ppv

Saturday’s Premier Boxing Champions card on NBC in prime time, headlined by welterweight Errol Spence Jr.’s impressive fifth-round knockout of Chris Algieri, averaged 1.3 million viewers, by far the lowest of the six prime time cards on the network since it debuted in March 2015 to an average audience of 3.74 million. Each of the six cards has drawn fewer viewers than the previous one with Saturday’s dropping 500,000 viewers from the previous low of 1.8 million drawn by the card headlined by Omar Figueroa-Antonio DeMarco on Dec. 12. According to Nielsen, Saturday’s card, which went head-to-head with UFC Fight Night on Fox (2.5 million average), ranked 103rd out of 116 programs rated last week.

Comment

Working...
                  X