No announcement yet.

Can someone explain to aboutfkntime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by stealthradon View Post
    If a fighter weighs in at 155 and the other at 159, what division is the fight in?
    What’s even funnier is the context of the seasoned fighter, not what the weight falls into!

Just like the Artoria Boxing channel you loved to brag about to hype Pacquiao wining in slow motion, means you had no problem with Pac in catchweight title bouts and yet prefer to complain about Alvarez’s 2 non title bouts starting at 155 with Lara and Angulo having fought above 155 way more and before Nelo, yet would make perfect sense to give Cotto and Khan “catchweights” yet it was perfectly fine for GGG to not give Brook a catch when he initially asked for it. Lol

Comment

If a fighter weighs in at 155 and the other at 159, what division is the fight in?

what was the weight limit for that bout ?

b,b,b,but.....

Comment

I know that you both are too ignorant to read, but here goes.
        MW weight is different for amateurs.

suddenly, you need to discuss amateur boxing ?

you fkn amateur

Comment

• Originally posted by icha View Post
          aboutfkntime has acknowledged multiple times that the range is not up for debate... having a limit is what makes the difference, two jmws fighting 1 lb above the limit is not considered a mw fight for sanctioning organizations otherwise the likes of lara, angulo kirkland and many more will be already ranked at mw by such organizations...
          is time for you guys to acknowledge that jmw fighters do their cws above 154, just like mw fighters do it above 160 and so on...
          Oh, really? Then what's this sh it he types below. Looks like he's arguing the range to me. Unless, of course, you're argument, as it seems to be, is that JMW is 154 to 160, and MW is 160 to 168. I thought JMW was 147 to 154, therefore JMW catchweights would be 148,149,150,151,152,153.
          Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          155 is not the upper limit of any division

154..... is JMW
          160..... is MW
          155..... is a catchweight

a catchweight, you know..... like the one that Hypekin HAPPILY offered Rosado
          Do you understand the term range? I didnt ask if it were an upper limit, I asked what division it falls in.

Comment

That's not a fact, that's an opinion, idiot.

If you weigh 155 you are too heavy for JMW. That's the rule of the game.
            If there was a JMW fight, and you weighed in at 155, you would be too heavy. Because 155 is more than JMW.

So when Ward wanted to fight Mayweather at 160 he ducked GGG? CoWard.

FACT: a fighter who has never weighed more than 155, and who has never faced a middleweight opponent, simply cannot be referred to as a middleweight

FACT: refusing to fight opponent-A at 155, but then offering to fight opponent-B at 154..... is a flat out duck of opponent-A

Comment

• Originally posted by icha View Post
              you are right, when a title is involved is a whole different story... but when a fighter has no title it can choose the weight even if above his division and organizations wont care...

sometimes even when titles are involved people need to just use common sense, some here trying to use technicism will go as far as to say that the likes of khan, brook or cotto are real mws just cuz they fought for a title, when we all know they arent...
              Khan, Brook and Cotto didn't fight for the MW title because they outgrew 154 doe. Canelo did. When he was ordered to defend the WBC MW title against GGG, Canelo was a MW.

The fact that, without PED testing, he was able to get back down to 154 for one fight after that doesn't alter anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                Oh, really? Then what's this sh it he types below. Looks like he's arguing the range to me. Unless, of course, you're argument, as it seems to be, is that JMW is 154 to 160, and MW is 160 to 168. I thought JMW was 147 to 154, therefore JMW catchweights would be 148,149,150,151,152,153.

Do you understand the term range? I didnt ask if it were an upper limit, I asked what division it falls in.

middleweight is 160
                jmw is 154

anything inbetween is a catchweight

the " upper limit " of the bout is the ONLY limit that counts

sorry if that confused the living **** out of you

Comment

• AFK..... back soon

in the meantime.....

try not to confuse yourselves any further, will you girls?

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                    hilarious, the tards are confused
                    I can see that you are, but it's really quite simple.
                    If you weigh more than the allowed amount, which in this case by all boxing regulations and standards for junior middleweight, is 154 pounds, you are too heavy for JMW and will have to either lose the extra weight or pay a fine.
                    This is the agreed upon rule by all boxing associations.

A catchweight is an agreed upon weight, traditionally in-between the two fighters current weight.

Combat sports commonly have defined weight classes with specific weight limits. For example, each boxing division with the exception of heavyweight has its own limits for weight classes, ranging from 105 pounds for minimumweight to 200 pounds for cruiserweight and varying in range in the weight classes in between. In order to fight for a championship in these weight classes, the fighters must come into the fight at or below said weight.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                      middleweight is 160
                      jmw is 154

anything inbetween is a catchweight

the " upper limit " of the bout is the ONLY limit that counts

sorry if that confused the living **** out of you
                      So if GGG weighed in at 127 at the Canelo fight, it would no longer be a MW fight?
                      Okay, got it.

Comment

Working...
                      X