Collapse
No announcement yet.

Chuck Liddell announces that he’s coming out of retirement,

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chucks punch resistance hhe was nonexistent in his last handful of fights. He really has no business fighting again

Comment

he;s one fo the few mma guys i know who started sounding truly punchy. the guy reminded me of shane mosley and james toney, he could hardly fit the words in his mouth.

wouldn't be surprised if james toney is one of hte potential opponents. if oscar participates in this i'll be hugely disappointed in that fishnet wearing queen.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
        Idk man I think if you give guys a pension they just keep fighting while getting their pension lol.

I've spoke on this numerous times cuz I'm a fan of the concept, but I'd like to see a tier system like most other pro sports have.

Boxing is an individual sport so it'd need to be a lil different, but if you've ever looked at the Sumo ranking system that covers the up & coming guys all the way to the best guys I think that'd work perfectly in boxing.

And that way you'd have an A league, a B League, a C league & so on & so forth. Then, not unlike in Sumo, when a once great fighter starts losing ground & even slipping to a lower tier they tend to retire out of respect to the sport or for pride.
        Good point, then they'd have to be retired for at least 5 years, like getting into the boxing hall of fame and if they make a comeback, they go without the pension for maybe a year.

Comment

he was in really sad shape when he retired. mumbling pillhead that made guys second guess their own fighting careers.

i usually roll my eyes at the "rip this will be tragic" stuff but in this case you really have to hope they don't put him in with a live opponent. He could get seriously messed up.

Comment

lol...............

Comment

Liddell gets stopped in about 3 mins

Comment

dedicated my ass if he was even back in the days they didnt call him chunky for no reason....

dude is a work out machine.... but can't cut back on food/drinks that hes not suppose to have...... allegedly of course

but imo ortiz is garbage always has been

Comment

I wonder how hard Chuck's sparring partners go. The way his punch resistance is you could KO him going for a rear naked choke if your arm grazed his chin accidentally.

Comment

Originally posted by clegg View Post
                    i wonder how hard chuck's sparring partners go. The way his punch resistance is you could ko him going for a rear naked choke if your arm grazed his chin accidentally.
                    YES, Always.

Comment

Working...
                    X