Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did Whyte duck Luis Ortiz to become WBC mandatory?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea, I thought everyone remembered that. Weird how this stuff fades from memory quick. Whyte threw a big ol fit about it. Some of us predicted he would do everything possible to avoid Ortiz.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
      Whyte decided to fight Parker instead of Ortiz. If he had beaten Ortiz he would have been named mandatory.

Whyte also refused to fight Kubrat Pulev in an IBF final eliminator.

He was also offered a rematch with Joshua but refused the fight.
      ortiz turned down the fight. how can you blame whyte for that? ortiz said it wasnt enough money(2 milion pounds) and that he wasn't ready yet he made much less for fighting on an undercard on the same exact day! look at the boxrecs for proof. ortiz fought razman cojuna instead is the more accurate way of putting it.

he did refuse to fight pulev because he made 3 times more to fight parker. check what the purse bid was for pulev and what he made for parker. becoming mandatory in the ibf would have been nice but he was already #1 in the wbo and the shot would have been against the same guy, joshua. so why wouldn't he take more money? the wbo was also first in the upcoming mandatory list and since he was #1...it was more than likely going to be him.

i dont know why he turned the joshua rematch down. mind bobbling really.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
        ortiz turned down the fight. how can you blame whyte for that? ortiz said it wasnt enough money(2 milion pounds) and that he wasn't ready yet he made much less for fighting on an undercard on the same exact day! look at the boxrecs for proof. ortiz fought razman cojuna instead is the more accurate way of putting it.

he did refuse to fight pulev because he made 3 times more to fight parker. check what the purse bid was for pulev and what he made for parker. becoming mandatory in the ibf would have been nice but he was already #1 in the wbo and the shot would have been against the same guy, joshua. so why wouldn't he take more money? the wbo was also first in the upcoming mandatory list and since he was #1...it was more than likely going to be him.

i dont know why he turned the joshua rematch down. mind bobbling really.
        Short memory?
        https://www.boxingscene.com/luis-ort...-22-uk--132573

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
          Yea, I thought everyone remembered that. Weird how this stuff fades from memory quick. Whyte threw a big ol fit about it. Some of us predicted he would do everything possible to avoid Ortiz.
          strange how not many people remember the actual details though...just vague yeah he threw a fit. oh wait look at the details: ortiz turned down the fight and fought a bum instead, oh wait wbc appointed lower ranked breazele as the mandatory instead of whyte. yes he threw a fit because he was being duped. fight ortiz and you get a shot! oh well ortiz doesnt want to fight...ok then. fight breazele oh wait he wasn't offered that fight and was skipped over even thogh he was #1. how is he supposed to feel?

Comment

Yes he ducked him

Comment

Originally posted by 4truth View Post
              and? this doesn't dispute anything i said. i was referring to summer of 2018, not late 2018.

also that is marked oct 9th 2018

21st September 2018
              Derek Chisora and Dillian Whyte have agreed in principle to fight once again on December 22

its easy to talk smack when you know the guy already has a fight setup. like i said before. ortiz was offered the fight and a big purse and turned it down to fight a bum instead. its all marketing. fight me fight me! oh you want to fight me...meh im going to go over here and fight on an undercard. next time whyte has a fight setup...FIGHT ME INSTEAD! IM READY! gtfo why don't you ever blame ortiz for his actions? why is he not ready to fight when whyte is trying to fight him and ready to fight when whyte has a fight lined up? are you that gullible?
              Last edited by daggum; 12-05-2019, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bballchump11 View Post
                Yes he ducked him
                what great evidence you have provided. thank you. i konw you spent hours on research. attention to detail is very important

Comment

Whyte Called him out before the chisora rematch. Ortiz stepped up. Whyte went with Chisora instead.

Comment

Originally posted by youbeight View Post
                    Whyte Called him out before the chisora rematch. Ortiz stepped up. Whyte went with Chisora instead.
                    yawn. revising history as you see fit.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      yawn. revising history as you see fit.
                      If you say so.

Comment

Working...
                      X