Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do Jews and Muslims not eat pork?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I believe some Muslims eat pork, they call it something different from the Vegan one I can't remember the name.

Unsure about Jews though.

Comment

There are a lot of feral pigs around my lake house. The local guys caught a couple babies, fattened them up for a couple months then cooked them up for the 4th of July. Smoked them for 24 hours. Best pig I’ve ever eaten.

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
        Oh. I see. You go straight to the butcher.
        Nah, I go straight to the farm.

They literally pick a pig, raise it for you, feed it, and tell you when it's ready to be butchered. They cut it up, seal each cut separately, and you toss it in your freezer.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
          Nah, I go straight to the farm.

They literally pick a pig, raise it for you, feed it, and tell you when it's ready to be butchered. They cut it up, seal each cut separately, and you toss it in your freezer.
          Damn. How much you usually spend for that pig?

Comment

Damn. How much you usually spend for that pig?
            Prices have shot up because of demand. I think the keto diet is a big part of that.

For a half pig with about 70 lbs of cookable meat your looking at 4-5$ per lb. Plus whatever the charge for vacuum Seal or other butcher services you may want.

You can save a lot by doing that stuff yourself if you want. But I don't know how to butcher a damn pig. They also turn all of the extra parts into sausage for you which is nice.

Price really depends on where you get it, some places have their own standard process and basic cost, some places they allow you to pick what you want and of course course charge you for each process you ask for.

Comment

Prices have shot up because of demand. I think the keto diet is a big part of that.

For a half pig with about 70 lbs of cookable meat your looking at 4-5$ per lb. Plus whatever the charge for vacuum Seal or other butcher services you may want.

You can save a lot by doing that stuff yourself if you want. But I don't know how to butcher a damn pig. They also turn all of the extra parts into sausage for you which is nice.

Price really depends on where you get it, some places have their own standard process and basic cost, some places they allow you to pick what you want and of course course charge you for each process you ask for.
              Okay. It's 250-300 Jamaicans dollars for a pound down here and that's from the middle man. It would be cheaper per pound if we went a bought the amount you bought directly from the farmer.

250 Ja - 1.96 US

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                Because they roll around in their own/and anyone elses shit
                porkies get bad rep! they have to roll around in mud to keep themselves cool and will avoid **** if they can. livestock are exposed to their own piles of fermenting **** actually due to horrible farming practices. if you eat caged chickens well i have bad news for you.

Comment

Okay. It's 250-300 Jamaicans dollars for a pound down here and that's from the middle man. It would be cheaper per pound if we went a bought the amount you bought directly from the farmer.

250 Ja - 1.96 US
                  You need to go get you some pork than.

It taste way different than in a grocery store, such much fresher. I jever knew how terrible grocery store pork was until I bought straight from the farm.

Comment

You need to go get you some pork than.

It taste way different than in a grocery store, such much fresher. I jever knew how terrible grocery store pork was until I bought straight from the farm.
                    Yeah. I usually eat it on Sundays. Today was beef and chicken though.

Comment

Derranged might be able to answer this one

Comment

Working...
                      X