No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Bradley: Anthony Joshua Has To Knock Andy Ruiz Out

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Oldskoolg View Post
    Negative, I don’t see it that way. The judges will be looking to reinstate Joshua as the champ due to the money he makes in the uk, being the dazn fighter, and being the Eddie Hearn flagship fighter. Ruiz unfortunately is going to have to stop Joshua again or beat him up pillar to post or they will rob this young man blind
    Bias won't matter. If it goes 12 rounds Joshua will win a wide decision. He's by far the better points scorer. He'll win rounds behind his jab. It's not exceptional but T-Rex arms Ruiz isn't going to be outpointing him from distance.

Where it gets trickier is in close. And I can't see Joshua engaging even if he thinks Ruiz is hurt - that's what got him into trouble last time.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
      ... Actually, AJ already tried to KO Ruiz -- first time in the 3rd, second time in the 7th... But then Ruiz mopped the floor with him in both those rounds (and eventually stopped him)...
      I think that was AJ's biggest mistake, he got over confident and went in for the kill instead of sticking to boxing and let the KO come naturally.

Comment

Ruiz losing weight and improving his cardio, speed and overall health can never be a bad thing or idea. Ruiz style of fighting can only be augmented by less weight on his frame.

People have to take into consideration that this is the fight winner that we're talking about, I haven't heard too many adjustments being discussed by the loser to the same magnitude that we've heard from the winner.

Hearn has mentioned that team AJ is using short, fat, fast sparring partners ..... But what if that Ruiz don't show up for fight II. Now you're back at square one and more importantly, unprepared to fight an extremely fast, in-shape opponent that can fight his azz off.

Comment

Originally posted by arraamis View Post
          Ruiz losing weight and improving his cardio, speed and overall health can never be a bad thing or idea. Ruiz style of fighting can only be augmented by less weight on his frame.

People have to take into consideration that this is the fight winner that we're talking about, I haven't heard too many adjustments being discussed by the loser to the same magnitude that we've heard from the winner.

Hearn has mentioned that team AJ is using short, fat, fast sparring partners ..... But what if that Ruiz don't show up for fight II. Now you're back at square one and more importantly, unprepared to fight an extremely fast, in-shape opponent that can fight his azz off.
          Agreed. Ruiz losing body fat and being able to move more is strategic. He is preparing for Joshua to try and move more and negate the primary advantage Joshua has with reach. He can also generate power with a faster punch. Besides, he is only looking to lose 10-15 pounds.

Comment

Ruiz is talking about losing 10lbs ffs! That's a day off the snickers it's nothing ,the kid was 19 stone 2. I agree with Bradley that Joshua must try for the KO as I can't see him wining the longer it goes .Ruiz may not look it but he has a good engine and Joshua has a odd stamina problem where he looks good then fades then again does little then comes back a little .This won't work against Ruiz and the problem is when Joshua goes for the KO he will probably get tagged again.

We may find that this rematch is even more emphatic than the first if that's possible.Ruiz holds all the aces!

Comment

Originally posted by James Hunt View Post
              I'm sure Joshua doesn't even know who Bradley is.
              Why wouldnt he? What now? Joshua is too big of a star to k ow who Bradley is?

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
                Ruiz is talking about losing 10lbs ffs! That's a day off the snickers it's nothing ,the kid was 19 stone 2. I agree with Bradley that Joshua must try for the KO as I can't see him wining the longer it goes .Ruiz may not look it but he has a good engine and Joshua has a odd stamina problem where he looks good then fades then again does little then comes back a little .This won't work against Ruiz and the problem is when Joshua goes for the KO he will probably get tagged again.

We may find that this rematch is even more emphatic than the first if that's possible.Ruiz holds all the aces!
                A HW should never cut weight. Andy going on a crash diet just to please fans idea of what a HW champ should look like would be his demise. Healthy dieting should consist of 1-2lbs of fat loss a week.

With an athlete like Andy its hard because his fat plays into his fight game, so you cant take it all away at once. Even trying to turn too much fat to muscle would be bad. In order for Andy to remain at this level, he needs a gradual/non shocking weight loss to his body.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                  A HW should never cut weight. Andy going on a crash diet just to please fans idea of what a HW champ should look like would be his demise. Healthy dieting should consist of 1-2lbs of fat loss a week.

With an athlete like Andy its hard because his fat plays into his fight game, so you cant take it all away at once. Even trying to turn too much fat to muscle would be bad. In order for Andy to remain at this level, he needs a gradual/non shocking weight loss to his body.
                  Again, its ten pounds. He can fart that off.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post

Well said! He should NOT worry about appearances, only results! He's coming off back-to-back KOs! Should NOT make a lot of adjustments at this point! Does Ruiz have a rematch clause?

Comment

Big mistake if that's what he's thinking. Ruiz can only get to Joshua if Joshua willingly engages in a firefight or if Joshua runs out of gas and can't keep Ruiz at distance.

The judges are not going to give Ruiz the benefit of any doubt. They didn't in the first fight, no reason I can see that this time will be any different.

Comment

Working...
                      X