No announcement yet.

Can you guys help me correct my posture. Please

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you guys help me correct my posture. Please

K first off. I have always my whole life had bad posture. I am 18 now. I skateboarded which hurt my back. I've fallen down stairs when I was a baby. I used to sleep in laundry hampers. Yea it sounds dumb, but my parents neglected me. Now my posture sucks. I've pretty much overtrained with weight training and now I'm only using calisthenics because, of my bad back. I'm pretty sure if I went to a doctor right now he would tell me to stay away from weight lifting. I've done research on the subject. I'm not saying weight lifting is bad its just not for me.

So I do a lot of push ups and pull ups and bodyweight squats. I'm hunched over. Should I do more pull ups to strengthen my back or what. Help me out here guys. Please. I'm 18 and my back always hurts.

Oh yea I'm 6'4 so I'm always having to hunch over. When I bag at the grocery store, clean dishes, take out trash, walk into my car. Everything. Please help.

How long has your back been hurting?
    Where does it hurt and how?
    How often do you exercise? what do you do (ie is it just those 3 exercises)?
    Do you run? on what?

Youve told us nothing except your back hurts.

Comment

That sucks man, Ill tell you what I know about posture. First off when your lifting stuff/bagging groceries and have to hunch over, juss keep your back straight and bend down with your legs/lift with your legs. try to get a stool or a chair without a back rest and keep your back straight when your sitting down. hope this helped

Comment

My back has been hurting since I was 13. My lower back hurts, but my upper shoulders are hunched. I exercise alot and I used to do everything now I just do calisthenics. I want to start incorporating body rows into my routine. I run sometimes.

Comment

/

is this to do with boxing?

you need to go to the doctor its the only treatment, he will probably give you pain killer tablets or other tabets to target backpain and mabey offer you free physicopherapy classes

Comment

Listen here Quasimodo, get yourself a proper Bra! One that fits and supports your heaving bust adequately!

Joking aside, see a doctor!

Comment

Yoga is the answer. I incorporate yoga and pilates into my training. Greatly increases your strength and flexibility in different positions, helps your posture, and all that good stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                Yoga is the answer. I incorporate yoga and pilates into my training. Greatly increases your strength and flexibility in different positions, helps your posture, and all that good stuff.
                Wait you were just telling him to wear a bra, then 2 seconds later your telling us you take yoga...man wipe your vagina.

Comment

Guys I Bought A Back Brace For My Lower Back And It Works! It Relieved My Pain! Okay Guys This Is What I Have To Say. I'm 6'4 165 Pounds. Built Like Pavlik Basically. I Work At A Grocery Store And I Bag Groceries For 8 Hours Straight All Hunched Over. It Kills My Lower Back. I Could Barely Stand Up. I've Done Heavy Weight Chin Ups And Push Ups So I Knew I Was Strong, But I Wondered Why I Was Slouching. My Lower Back Is In Pain Which Was Causing Me To Slouch. I Bought The Best Lower Back Brace They Had At Sports Authority And It Really Works! I'm So Happy. I Don't Know How I Got By Without This Thing. I Really Hope This Does The Trick. I'm Already Sitting/standing Up A Little Straighter! This Is Great Guys. Man I Am So Happy. Only 30 Dollars. If Your Lower Back Hurts Try One Of These Bad Boys Out! Yes!

I Appreciate Your Help Guys.

Comment

What really helped my posture is doing a lot of pushups. Pullups probably helped a bit as well.

Comment

Working...
                    X