No announcement yet.

FAO: people who thought Canelo won the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FLY TY View Post
    you gave canelo 7-10, so is it that crazy that one judge gave him 11 & 12 also, hence the 117-111 scorecard?

even the judge that had canelo winning only 115-113, gave canelo the final 2 rounds.

I think too much is being made of that one scorecard, when you break it down, it's not all bad.

let's save the robbery discussion for real robberies.
    I never said it was a robbery.. I said canelo won close,mand if Lara got a 115-113 decision win, it still wouldn't be a robbery..

117-111 is just absurd for either fighter.. Both guys won at least 4 if not 5 rds each.. No one got blown out in this fight

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
      Absurd, I'm very unbaised and I gave it to Canelo 7-5. I am at work, and can't re-watch it and score it round by round but I have seen it twice now.

The reality is that landing more punches doesn't mean you automatically win the fight. If that was the case, we would have seen many fights go different ways.

In the pro's, it's about punches landing but it's also about how effective those punches were, who was the aggressor, body shots, etc...

It could have been a draw, or it could have gone either way as a split decision but let me ask this question to everyone who thinks Lara or Canelo clearly won.

Do you think either guy really did enough to warrant a CLEAR win?

Because for me, the answer is NO. Depending on what style you prefer will show your bias to the fight and fighter.

IMO it was a very close fight, and could have been a draw or split decision either way. The idea that it was clear for one guy or the other shows extreme bias.

I honestly do believe it was clear. Competitive yet clear.
      I have watched the fight three times and can not see a Canelo win. I even tried to watch it as a Canelo fan to try see what others did but to no prevail.

They fought Lara's fight for most part. Canelo did not do a good job of cutting the ring off and looked frustrated and was missing badly for most part.

I am high on bodypunches but a lot of those was on elbows or behind the back of the kidneys or on the hips - which I actually gave him credit for, its a smart tactic from a young kid to hit a mover on the hips to slow them down & he had success in the mid rounds due to it.

Please do watch it again, I'd love to hear your scorecard upon second viewing.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
        I honestly do believe it was clear. Competitive yet clear.
        I have watched the fight three times and can not see a Canelo win. I even tried to watch it as a Canelo fan to try see what others did but to no prevail.

They fought Lara's fight for most part. Canelo did not do a good job of cutting the ring off and looked frustrated and was missing badly for most part.

I am high on bodypunches but a lot of those was on elbows or behind the back of the kidneys or on the hips - which I actually gave him credit for, its a smart tactic from a young kid to hit a mover on the hips to slow them down & he had success in the mid rounds due to it.

Please do watch it again, I'd love to hear your scorecard upon second viewing.
        I will watch it again, but I think your showing incredible bias thinking it was clear for Lara.

First off, Lara would not have moved as much as he did, had those body shots not had effect, and believe me they did. You can see it in his face, and body language. He wanted no part of Canelo on the inside...none.

Second, while he did land more of the shots to the head, Canelo out landed him by 36 power shots, that cannot be ignored. One guy was being aggressive and taking the fight to the other guy, the other one was moving and pot shoting, it wasn't a CLEAR win for either guy.

I'm sure you are preferential to the stick and move style and most likely the reason you see it for Lara, which is fine. But if you look at the entire fight, and take everything in consideration, it wasn't clear, no way no how.

Comment

Had it 7-5 for Canelo the night of the fight and had it 6-6 after rewatching it this morning. Either way Lara did not do enough to win.

This wasn't like the Oscar/Tito fight where Oscar clearly won a lot of the early rounds and ran the last 3 or 4. All of the rounds were close Saturday night and Lara was literally running the WHOLE fight. To this day people call the Oscar/Tito fight a BS decision, people wont be saying that about this fight in the future.

Disappointing fight all in all. From Canelo's lack of cutting off the ring to Lara making the fight a track meet and neither man able to throw 500 punches, it just sucked.

Comment

I'm going to watch it later when I get home tonight, watching live I had Lara winning.

Saw a interview with Paulie and he had Lara winning by a point but said it could go either way.

Canelo looked real bad in there last night. I didn't see improvement from him

Comment

Originally posted by UTEP View Post
              Had it 7-5 for Canelo the night of the fight and had it 6-6 after rewatching it this morning. Either way Lara did not do enough to win.

This wasn't like the Oscar/Tito fight where Oscar clearly won a lot of the early rounds and ran the last 3 or 4. All of the rounds were close Saturday night and Lara was literally running the WHOLE fight. To this day people call the Oscar/Tito fight a BS decision, people wont be saying that about this fight in the future.

Disappointing fight all in all. From Canelo's lack of cutting off the ring to Lara making the fight a track meet and neither man able to throw 500 punches, it just sucked.
              about the bolded, and like on saturday night i think that boxing has demonstrated time and again that it rewards the man displaying more gusto in an effort to win the fight and i'm good with that.

on a semi-related note, the bori's got handled on saturday night, christ man - verdejo's ascension isn't coming soon enough.

Comment

Watching it live I saw a Lara having fun and I saw a very frustrated wild swinging determined canelo

Comment

the shocking thing here in this thread though is that both cua and utep think that lara didn't win.

Comment

iI have to point out that there is an The OFFICIAL LOUNGE FIGHT DISCUSSION thread where this could have went.

That being said, who I thought won?

Neither! I thought both lost. But those who paid for this one lost the most.

Comment

Say what u want but we all knew going in Lara wasn't getting a decision that's why the odds were +500 if Lara would've gotten the decision smh they robbed us both

Comment

Working...
                      X