No announcement yet.

FAO: people who thought Canelo won the fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FAO: people who thought Canelo won the fight

I don't want to get banned so i'll just post this here, because I want to clear this up. I thought Lara clearly won the fight, I saw it 3 times now. So I am absolutely confused at what people are seeing.

Post the rounds you thought Canelo won and I will tell you by how many times Lara Outlanded Canelo, and you can recheck for yourself.

If anyone disagrees with my punch count, then we can all look at the video again.

This would be relevant if the only criterion for scoring a fight was number of punches landed.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
      This would be relevant if the only criterion for scoring a fight was number of punches landed.
      When the quantity and disparity is so large, it is relevant. I don't care what punch stats say. Lara didn't outland Canelo by 10, it was more like 100. He outlanded him by at least 5 per round.

How do you win a fight when you're missing so many shots and the other guy isn't?

I understand Canelo loaded up and went all in with his power punches, but Lara was catching them on the elbow and the gloves. Lara Had the better defense and the better offense... How did Canelo win?

This **** is mind boggling lol
      Last edited by DARKSEID; 07-14-2014, 11:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by - Righteous - View Post
        When the quantity and disparity is so large, it is relevant. I don't care what punch stats say. Lara didn't outland Canelo by 10, it was more like 100. He outlanded him by at least 5 per round.

How do you win a fight when you're missing so many shots and the other guy isn't?

I understand Canelo loaded up and went all in with his power punches, but Lara was catching them on the elbow and the gloves. Lara Had the better defense and the better offense... How did Canelo win?

This **** is mind boggling lol
        The effect those punches are having even though how few are being thrown?

Comment

Righteous ... post your official scorecard so I can watch the fight again and compare

Comment

Simply put they are biased, 90% are Mexican posters and the other 10% don't know how to score a fight.

I've scored many fights badly live or when I've had a few but I am telling you there is noway Canelo won this fight. At best I see 4 rounds for him.

Most of these guys have no intention of posting a round by round card so much so that they're now making up rules and scoring criteria's, literally pulling them out of their asses.

You won't get many round by round scorecards instead you will get ''Lara's workrate was low''
            ''Canelo was the aggressor''
            ''the sky is blue''

Comment

Rds 2,4,5,7,8,9,10 for canelo

Rds 1,3,6,11,12 for Lara

Lara didn't do anything from 7-10

Canelo was landing great body shots early and you saw it pay dividends when Lara basically just kept moving but not throwing in Rds 7-10..

Lara only had 2 punches all night, the jab and the straight left, he threw hardly any hooks, uppercuts, bodyshots, few combinations and nothing more that maybe 3 punches at a time..
              A Floyd or Hopkins would have carved up canelo, Lara did not

Lara never makes anyone pay, he makes them miss but never makes them pay ,as he doesn't slip punches, he just backs away and isn't in position for a counter because he has backed out of range..

Floyd made him miss and countered canelo and made him shell up and gun shy, Lara just made canelo miss but never made him pay, that's why canelo kept coming..

Lara completely gave away the fight after the 6th to the 10th rd, I thought he finished better than canelo..

115-113 either way or 114-114 are the only legit scores..

Comment

Its easy to ask some one for their score card and dissect it just to discredit them . How about you post yours and go from there

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  Rds 2,4,5,7,8,9,10 for canelo

Rds 1,3,6,11,12 for Lara

Lara didn't do anything from 7-10

Canelo was landing great body shots early and you saw it pay dividends when Lara basically just kept moving but not throwing in Rds 7-10..

Lara only had 2 punches all night, the jab and the straight left, he threw hardly any hooks, uppercuts, bodyshots, few combinations and nothing more that maybe 3 punches at a time..
                  A Floyd or Hopkins would have carved up canelo, Lara did not

Lara never makes anyone pay, he makes them miss but never makes them pay ,as he doesn't slip punches, he just backs away and isn't in position for a counter because he has backed out of range..

Floyd made him miss and countered canelo and made him shell up and gun shy, Lara just made canelo miss but never made him pay, that's why canelo kept coming..

Lara completely gave away the fight after the 6th to the 10th rd, I thought he finished better than canelo..

115-113 either way or 114-114 are the only legit scores..
                  you gave canelo 7-10, so is it that crazy that one judge gave him 11 & 12 also, hence the 117-111 scorecard?

even the judge that had canelo winning only 115-113, gave canelo the final 2 rounds.

I think too much is being made of that one scorecard, when you break it down, it's not all bad.

let's save the robbery discussion for real robberies.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                    Simply put they are biased, 90% are Mexican posters and the other 10% don't know how to score a fight.

I've scored many fights badly live or when I've had a few but I am telling you there is noway Canelo won this fight. At best I see 4 rounds for him.

Most of these guys have no intention of posting a round by round card so much so that they're now making up rules and scoring criteria's, literally pulling them out of their asses.

You won't get many round by round scorecards instead you will get ''Lara's workrate was low''
                    ''Canelo was the aggressor''
                    ''the sky is blue''
                    Absurd, I'm very unbaised and I gave it to Canelo 7-5. I am at work, and can't re-watch it and score it round by round but I have seen it twice now.

The reality is that landing more punches doesn't mean you automatically win the fight. If that was the case, we would have seen many fights go different ways.

In the pro's, it's about punches landing but it's also about how effective those punches were, who was the aggressor, body shots, etc...

It could have been a draw, or it could have gone either way as a split decision but let me ask this question to everyone who thinks Lara or Canelo clearly won.

Do you think either guy really did enough to warrant a CLEAR win?

Because for me, the answer is NO. Depending on what style you prefer will show your bias to the fight and fighter.

IMO it was a very close fight, and could have been a draw or split decision either way. The idea that it was clear for one guy or the other shows extreme bias.

Comment

Working...
                    X