Going to start working our again soon.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
    Need advice on where to start a diet?

For starters I currently drink too much and eat like crap.

Obviously cut the booze down and start eating somewhat healthy, any foods I should go for ? More carbs so I don't burn out ?
    You're still young. If u quit drinking, did 45mins of hard to intense cardio daily, youd see huge difference in youself. Add a weight lifting routine & youll get fit in about 90days.

Lift heavy & run! C'mon Marine!! I still do a 1st class pft easily til this day at 35!!!

Comment

Start in the kitchen. You shouldn't micromanage what you eat but be mindful of what you are putting in your body. Don't order out so much and start cooking your own meals.

any foods I should go for ? More carbs so I don't burn out ?
      Eat in moderation, remember too much of a good thing becomes a bad thing, and don't fall for nutrition memes like all carbs are bad carbs.

Also drink more water.

Comment

Read up 5-10 articles about healthy foods. A basic knowledge of what’s good and what’s bad is essential for any endeavour and this ain’t different.

Easiest diet to follow, for me, is (roughly) 2/4 vegetables and fruits, 1/4 lean protein and 1/4 carbs.

You can eat as many tomatoes, carrots, onions, apples, oranges ... etc that you want. Mix this up with lettuce, spinach and any other greens and you’ve a filling but healthy side dish.

Then vary your lean protein:

- Beef (no fat on the side!)
        - Tuna or sardines in a can (cheap and easy)
        - Chicken
        - Fresh fish

After you’ve placed lean protein and a massive helping of salad on your plate, you’ll only have so much room for carbs. That’s kind of my secret. Haha. Have some but don’t overdo it.

Carbs:
        - Sweet potato
        - Brown rice
        - wholemeal pitta bread/wraps
        - Lentils

You’ll also be getting carbs from vegetables like brocoli and fruits like bananas - so no need to feast on too much. Like I said, 1/4 or AT MOST a 1/3 of your plate should be enough.

This diet works well for me. If I’m working 3-4 times a week I allow myself some almonds, peanuts, brazil nuts or a bit of dark chocolate here and there but it’s infrequent.

Throw away all the beer, cookies, ice cream, fast food and other crap you’ve got in the house.

My two cents. Good luck my friend!

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
          You're still young. If u quit drinking, did 45mins of hard to intense cardio daily, youd see huge difference in youself. Add a weight lifting routine & youll get fit in about 90days.

Lift heavy & run! C'mon Marine!! I still do a 1st class pft easily til this day at 35!!!
          Quitting drinking is a real big part, for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by OctoberRed View Post
            Quitting drinking is a real big part, for sure.
            I second this. Cutting out booze has helped me lose weight like nothing else.

Comment

Three years ago I stopped drinking for almost a month and dropped nine pounds without changing anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by VegasMichael View Post
                Three years ago I stopped drinking for almost a month and dropped nine pounds without changing anything else.
                Same for me when I stopped soda.

Comment

I think this may be a bad idea for you. I fear that if you did or consumed anything healthy that your body might go into shock.

Comment

For starters I currently drink too much and eat like crap.

Obviously cut the booze down and start eating somewhat healthy
                    Bro, go on weight watchers.
                    I know what u thinking....
                    But if you are strict/have will power, it's a good system and cuts out the crap eating. Basically you can eat what u want but get so many points a day and all foods have a number of points allocated. It teaches what to avoid eating eg cheese, cream etc

Once you get the system sussed and want to back off a bit, you just need to remember the foods with high points and try to avoid them.

Comment

Originally posted by Rock&Roll View Post
                      Bro, go on weight watchers.
                      I know what u thinking....
                      But if you are strict/have will power, it's a good system and cuts out the crap eating. Basically you can eat what u want but get so many points a day and all foods have a number of points allocated. It teaches what to avoid eating eg cheese, cream etc

Once you get the system sussed and want to back off a bit, you just need to remember the foods with high points and try to avoid them.
                      Or those Keto meals.

Comment

Working...
                      X