Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the Wilder-Fury winner surpass AJ as the #1 heavyweight and be the A side?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by anonymous2.0 View Post
    Obviously it depends on the type of win but baring any irregularities if Wilder wins its a 50/50 draw, Vegas is the best option. If Fury wins, Fury should be the A side in LondonLand.
    fury has not a chance of being the A-side over joshua in the uk what planet u on lol
    Fury rematch with klitchcko was cancelled in manchester because he sold less than half the arena so again not a chance he will be the draw in the uk over joshua.
    When joshua blitzes povetkin watch the momentum shift back to the 4 belt champion.
    Fury is loose cannon and its more than likely he pulls out of the wilder fight before it takes place faking an injury or incident.
    Mark my words

Comment

Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
      fury has not a chance of being the A-side over joshua in the uk what planet u on lol
      Fury rematch with klitchcko was cancelled in manchester because he sold less than half the arena so again not a chance he will be the draw in the uk over joshua.
      When joshua blitzes povetkin watch the momentum shift back to the 4 belt champion.
      Fury is loose cannon and its more than likely he pulls out of the wilder fight before it takes place faking an injury or incident.
      Mark my words
      I dunno I speak on no authority for any british boxing

Comment

No, and Fury is not the lineal champ anymore. When you don't defend a title for over 3 years you lose that title be it lineal or not. Nobody is bigger on that lineal BS than Ring. Hell they still list Canelo as middleweight champ even though just about everybody considers GGG the real middleweight champ. However Ring does NOt have Fury as the lineal champ like Canelo. They have the world heavyweight title vacant with AJ the number 1 contender, Wilder the number 2 contender and Fury the number 10 contender.Regardless of who wins the Wilder vs Fury fight AJ will still be the A side if he beats Povetkin. AJ will own most of the world title belt and still have the ability to generate tremendous money in the UK.

Comment

Originally posted by KingTito View Post
          I know technically Fury is the lineal champ, but AJ has been seen as the guy since he beat Wlad, certainly when it comes to negotiations. It seems Wilder-Fury caught Hearn off guard. This will be a mega event, and the winner will probably be seen as top dog. What are your thoughts?
          AJ would still be the A-side. He's the unified heavyweight champion and is the most popular heavyweight.

But if Wilder vs. Fury does better than expected on US pay-per-view, Wilder suddenly would have an argument for a 50/50 split with AJ as he'll have proven he can move the needle on US PPV, something AJ would never be able to do without him.

Comment

Maybe not but whoever wins will be much closer to parity with Joshua than before. There's no way Hearn will be able to duck or shortchange either guy legitimately.

Comment

I don't think a lot of you really understand what being the A-side actually means

Comment

No definitely not

Comment

Originally posted by The plunger man View Post
                  the 4 belt champion.
                  The IBO isn't a recognized title. AJ is a 3 belt champion.

Comment

Depending on who wins and how it is possible that they become the number 1 heavyweight.

Becoming the A side depends on gate and ticket sales.

Comment

Depends what the PPV does.

Comment

Working...
                      X