No announcement yet.

Charlo andrade jacobs and sergey need to fight each other

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Charlo andrade jacobs and sergey need to fight each other

Enough is enough. Canelo ggg and saunders are three top dogs who bring in the most money in the division. These guys can't sit on the sidelines hoping for a payday. Do what ggg did when he started out. Wipe everyone until the champ has to vacate or fight you. They all need to fight each other instead of waiting for the next 22-22 guy.

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
    Enough is enough. Canelo ggg and saunders are three top dogs who bring in the most money in the division. These guys can't sit on the sidelines hoping for a payday. Do what ggg did when he started out. Wipe everyone until the champ has to vacate or fight you.
    That's exactly what Charlo did. Canelo/GGG winner will have to vacate or fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
      That's exactly what Charlo did. Canelo/GGG winner will have to vacate or fight him.
      I was surprised to hear that Golovkin had Saunders locked in as a backup if the Canelo fight didnt get made.

Sulaiman was pretty clear that if GGG didnt fight Canelo, then he had to fight Charlo.

So Golovkin having Saunders on standby (instead of charlo) tells me he is pretty much done worrying about what the ABCs might or might not do, and has no hesitation whatsoever about making a decision that will result in being stripped of yet another belt.....
      Last edited by OnePunch; 06-13-2018, 10:47 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by satiev1 View Post
        Enough is enough. Canelo ggg and saunders are three top dogs who bring in the most money in the division. These guys can't sit on the sidelines hoping for a payday. Do what ggg did when he started out. Wipe everyone until the champ has to vacate or fight you. They all need to fight each other instead of waiting for the next 22-22 guy.
        for once i agree with you..

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
          I was surprised to hear that Golovkin had Saunders locked in as a backup if the Canelo fight didnt get made.

Sulaman was pretty clear that if GGG didnt fight Canelo, then he had to fight Charlo.

So Golovkin having Saunders on standby (instead of charlo) tells me he is pretty much done worrying about what the ABCs might or might not do, and has no hesitation about making a decision that will result in being stripped of yet another belt.....
          I don't think they'd strip him if he fought a unification fight with Saunders. A unification trumps a mandatory in most cases.

Comment

He could fight jacobs or darvenkchenko and it would be just as compelling...

Comment

154 is one of the deepest divisions at the moment.. WBSS need to set up a tourney here

Comment

Unless the winner goes for a unification fight vs Saunders...that should take precedence and the wbc would probably grant an extension. It also remains to be seen if the wbc will enforce the mandatory like the ibf did.

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post

Sulaiman was pretty clear that if GGG didnt fight Canelo, then he had to fight Charlo.

So Golovkin having Saunders on standby (instead of charlo) tells me he is pretty much done worrying about what the ABCs might or might not do, and has no hesitation whatsoever about making a decision that will result in being stripped of yet another belt.....
                  I understand why you would have that suspicion, but the WBC and WBA are far more liberal than the IBF and I'm confident both would have allowed a unification to trump a mandatory. Unification almost always trumps mandatory. Only time it doesn't is when some of the trickier aspects of IBF procedure aren't followed correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
                    Unless the winner goes for a unification fight vs Saunders...that should take precedence and the wbc would probably grant an extension. It also remains to be seen if the wbc will enforce the mandatory like the ibf did.
                    Yes, unification would take precedence, but they won't be able to duck Charlo forever.

Even Canelo got stripped by the WBC for not fighting the interim champion (GGG), so nobody should doubt whether the WBC would strip GGG (or Canelo) if it comes to that. Charlo might have to wait another year, but he'll get his shot or be upgraded to full champion eventually.

Comment

Working...
                    X