No announcement yet.

Why does my right hand hurt so much?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why does my right hand hurt so much?

today while at training i was using the punching bags and i noticed my right hand hurts alot everytime i clinch it, even when i put slowly and soft and even when i grab a bottle of watter, it keeps on hurting

what can i do to solve this?

Could be anything from a bruise to a fracture/break or sprain. Usually caused from not wrapping your hands & wrist properly/bad technique when hitting the bag.

Put a bag of frozen peas on it & if it hasn't gone down in the morning get to a hospital & have it x-rayed.

If its just bruising/swelling them resist bag & padwork, focus on shadow boxing until its 110% fully healed otherwise it will keep happening and probably make things worse.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      Could be anything from a bruise to a fracture/break or sprain. Usually caused from not wrapping your hands & wrist properly/bad technique when hitting the bag.

Put a bag of frozen peas on it & if it hasn't gone down in the morning get to a hospital & have it x-rayed.

If its just bruising/swelling them resist bag & padwork, focus on shadow boxing until its 110% fully healed otherwise it will keep happening and probably make things worse.
      nah its not broken or fractured, and my trainer puts the hand wraps so i doubt he puts it bad, but its just an annoying pain that keeps me from punching harder and faster, and my trainer makes me go every single day of the week so i dont get any rest to heal up a bit :/

Comment

i'm going to take a guess and say that the part of your hand that hurts is the back of your hand, behind the last two knuckles? That is a pretty common injury and this is how to tell if I am right. Put your palm flat on a table and look at the back of your hand...do those last two knuckles seem to have moved towards your wrist? Or make a fist and point it at the mirror...do those last two knuckles drop off real sudden?
        If so, you've pushed them back. this happens a l,ot to beginning boxers because they swing their right hands, and land on the outside knuckles, instead of punching from the shoulder.

Comment

Working...
        X