Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can you be allowed to fight with a broken hand?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can you be allowed to fight with a broken hand?

I'm just wondering, say hypothetically, if you're an amateur and you have a broken hand, is it possible that you could still be allowed to fight. I mean if somebody failed to notice it.

Any help appreciated.

If they didn't know I'm sure you could, but why the **** would you want to? Given the circumstances and degree to which the hand is hurt, it's either brave or dumb.

Comment

Thanks for the reply mangler. Well yeah it would be dumb, but I'm just wondering if somebody had to fight, are the medical checks in amateur fighting strong enough to detect a broken hand?

Comment

youd fk your hand up even worse

Comment

I know man. I know its stupid, but say the fighter was some lunatic who enjoyed the thrill of fighting one-handed or some ****....

hypothetically...could he get past medical...

Comment

Originally posted by starjammer View Post
            I know man. I know its stupid, but say the fighter was some lunatic who enjoyed the thrill of fighting one-handed or some ****....

hypothetically...could he get past medical...
            The doctor makes you make a fist. If you can do that without it hurting and him assessing your hands. Its possible.

Comment

I say....ABSOLUTELY!!!.....In fact, when the driver, Special Ed, drops you off to the fight in the big yellow bus, make sure you tell him your sorry for licking the windows....

Comment

Just depends on the doctor. I've had ones that rubbed/squeezed my hands (that's gonna hurt like hell if it's broken - better not wince), others that just had me hold them out while they take a look (hope your hand isn't swollen) and one doctor that didn't even check my hands at all. I think that guy was new to being a boxing doctor because he asked me if he's supposed to check out the boxers after their fight, lol.

So it's possible, but unless your fighting in the Olympics or something why risk doing even more damage to your hand?

Comment

Originally posted by P4PKING2008 View Post
                  The doctor makes you make a fist. If you can do that without it hurting and him assessing your hands. Its possible.
                  Originally posted by ScottDBA View Post
                  Just depends on the doctor. I've had ones that rubbed/squeezed my hands (that's gonna hurt like hell if it's broken - better not wince), others that just had me hold them out while they take a look (hope your hand isn't swollen) and one doctor that didn't even check my hands at all. I think that guy was new to being a boxing doctor because he asked me if he's supposed to check out the boxers after their fight, lol.

So it's possible, but unless your fighting in the Olympics or something why risk doing even more damage to your hand?
                  Thanks for these. Good answers. That's my problem solved basically.

Comment

Working...
                  X