No announcement yet.

Wilder is for real, I admit... but...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Brettcappe View Post
    Did you watch the Rivas/Whyte fight? Rivas dropped him and almost stopped him. I was ringside for Rivas/Jennings. Not much there. Wilder destroys Whyte!
    If Haymon and the rest of Wilder's team thought he would destroy Whyte they wouldn't have turned down the fight when Hearn offered them $7million and home advantage for it. If they were confident about winning, they would have bitten Eddie's hand off.
    Last edited by kafkod; 11-25-2019, 03:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vinnykin View Post
      I have always been critical of Wilder's boxing ability, even harsh and disparaging towards him, caught up in my own bias...... I now see the method to his boxing and how ingeniously he has been managed.

Wilder is good and manages to get KO's and wins against either over-matched, or slow, straight-up fighters who try to box him from the outside.

I am a Fury fan and spent the whole fight against Wilder screaming at him to go inside on this guy, pressure him, lean on him etc He did outbox him but got caught twice and gave Wilder the draw in his backyard, which was always going to happen. OK, it wasn't the best Fury and took him 4 rounds to shake the rust off, but Wilder got his two KD's which is fair.

Why do people who fight Wilder stay in the danger zone and never make sudden and explosive moves on him? pressure him inside? Fury didn't do it because he was not 100% and tried to beat him at his own game, got caught twice and gave Wilder the draw..... Ortiz, Spzilka .... they all end up the same - crumpled on the floor!

I might be laughed at in the comments to this particular comment, but I have never seen any one put it on Wilder and pressure him, take away his range and punch and drag him into a dogfight...... Chisora or Wallin or Povetkin style.... someone who comes forward and just tries to land bombs........

I need to see Wilder in against an opponent who will pressure him, stay on his chest and take away his distance.... put it on him, is fast, explosive..... it is the only way to beat him other than Fury outboxing him and dodging his punch for 12 rounds (which no one would put money on including myself).

Ortiz was absolute Dogshiat in there... do not be fooled by the scorecards which makes him out to have done well.... Wallin did better in losing rounds than Ortiz did winning them..... slow as treacle, both hands and feet.... no pressure at all..... just pitty-pat boxing and let Wilder box comfortable for 6 rounds until Wilder landed a nuke on his dome lol
      Cool story bro.

Comment

• Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
        Pov asked for more time, not Deontay. It was done publicly, watch the final Wach presser.
        Povetkin asked for time so he could have a warm up fight against Wach because Wilder had been stalling and delaying the fight for so long. He almost got stopped in the first fight with Ortiz. Ortiz isn't good enough to lace Povetkin's boots

Comment

• Fury fought the right fight vs Wilder, why would he try to get inside on him when he is taller and has a longer reach. Wilder head hunts and he kept his head out of range most of the fight. If Wilder was smarter he would go to the body but hes over 30 and aint changing his style now.

Ruiz is really the only good fighter with the style OP is talking about. Yes it would make sense to not stay on the outside vs wilder at the tip of his right hand. Fury in fact did well because he is the only guy with a longer range who could counter while being outside wilder's range because he fights tall. Fighters may have planned on closing the distance with wilder but felt his power and backed down, the kind of power he has even if they are blocking and the right hand is partially landing they are feeling that power and its something like they never felt before, get scared in the moment.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
            Povetkin asked for time so he could have a warm up fight against Wach because Wilder had been stalling and delaying the fight for so long. He almost got stopped in the first fight with Ortiz. Ortiz isn't good enough to lace Povetkin's boots
            When do you think Pov was named the mandatory?

Comment

I have always been critical of Wilder's boxing ability, even harsh and disparaging towards him, caught up in my own bias...... I now see the method to his boxing and how ingeniously he has been managed.

Wilder is good and manages to get KO's and wins against either over-matched, or slow, straight-up fighters who try to box him from the outside.

I am a Fury fan and spent the whole fight against Wilder screaming at him to go inside on this guy, pressure him, lean on him etc He did outbox him but got caught twice and gave Wilder the draw in his backyard, which was always going to happen. OK, it wasn't the best Fury and took him 4 rounds to shake the rust off, but Wilder got his two KD's which is fair.

Why do people who fight Wilder stay in the danger zone and never make sudden and explosive moves on him? pressure him inside? Fury didn't do it because he was not 100% and tried to beat him at his own game, got caught twice and gave Wilder the draw..... Ortiz, Spzilka .... they all end up the same - crumpled on the floor!

I might be laughed at in the comments to this particular comment, but I have never seen any one put it on Wilder and pressure him, take away his range and punch and drag him into a dogfight...... Chisora or Wallin or Povetkin style.... someone who comes forward and just tries to land bombs........

I need to see Wilder in against an opponent who will pressure him, stay on his chest and take away his distance.... put it on him, is fast, explosive..... it is the only way to beat him other than Fury outboxing him and dodging his punch for 12 rounds (which no one would put money on including myself).

Ortiz was absolute Dogshiat in there... do not be fooled by the scorecards which makes him out to have done well.... Wallin did better in losing rounds than Ortiz did winning them..... slow as treacle, both hands and feet.... no pressure at all..... just pitty-pat boxing and let Wilder box comfortable for 6 rounds until Wilder landed a nuke on his dome lol
              Nonsense. Ortiz came in there and was doing way, way better than the first fight. You can't take that from him. He just got caught and cold c@cked by one of the biggest punchers ever. Wilder is a phenom as far as power goes and everyone might as well jut accept it. He could KO anyone to be birthed into this world and it should be universally recognized. I can't stand Wilder either but this stuff should be known.

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                Just stop it already.

I would bet my house on Ortiz beating the version of Povetkin that AJ knocked out with zero hesitation.

Comment

• I'm following the logic, but Chisora and Povetkin? Helllll no. Wallin would probably put up a better fight down to youth and size, but I still wouldn't bet on him.

Comment

I think Wilder beats Whyte in an exciting fight..... Whyte will try to take Wilders head off (unlike old Ortiz) and it will be a brilliant fan-friendly fight.
                    Whyte must clear his name first and then wait in line. Wilder has a rematch with Fury scheduled with a supposed third fight as well. Whyte blew a golden opportunity when he refused an Ortiz fight for a mandatory. The big guys are back in business and I am loving it. I was always a fan of the heavyweights and there seems to be many great matchups on the horizon.

Comment

• Originally posted by HarvardBlue View Post
                      Ruiz has that style. He has quick feet, knows how to counter, and throws fast combinations. If he gets pass Joshua then we will see. Still yet, the danger is running into something getting into close range.
                      It's not the same kind of style of pressure fighting. Ruiz stands to erect to pressure Wilder on the inside. He neither bobs, weaves or move his head which will be a recipe for disaster against Deontay Wilder. Andy Ruiz will find himself at the receiving end of one of Wilder's mid range right hands.

Comment

Working...
                      X