Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder: As Far As Fury Knocking Me Out, He Don't Believe That Himself

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheUptownKid View Post
    Fury punched wilder a lot, he did not hurt him. There was never a moment where he could have pounced and ended it. He also held klit a lot and neutralized his jab, he didn’t hurt him.

Chisora and hammer are not top level opponents
    Yet Ortiz, Wilder's best win and probably best puncher he faced, could not stop Hammer.

I never said Fury was a "top level" puncher anyway.

I believe he has the power to knock Wilder's head off.
    Not saying he will.
    Not saying he's half the puncher that Wilder is.

I think there were moment where Wilder was hurt, not hurt a lot, but enough to retreat and earmuff.

Depends what you call "hurt".

Wilder has been koed already with headgear, his chin isn't made of granit, you don't need to be Earnie Shavers to knock his head off.

Comment

Originally posted by Angeljuice View Post
      Ernie Shavers had twice the fights and a similar KO rate. He also fought the likes of Ali and didn't have hand picked pansies to knock over.

Wilder has the best KO rate and the worst ranked opponents of any Heavyweight Champion ever, go figure.
      ————

That’s a good example, I can appreciate that.
      Here’s the thing though, how many people remember Ernie Shavers? People know names like Frazier and Floyd Paterson more than they know of Shavers.

I am not calling him a great HW. Far from it. The HW division is scarce of talent. It is not Wilder’s fault that he is in a weak era. So far he looks better than the current crop of guys.

Lastly, Wilder is 34 years old and is a supremely conditioned athlete. I can see him fighting 15 more times. if he wins all of them and beats AJ and Fury in the process, can you just dismiss him like a fart in the wind? I used to hear people say the same thing about Wladimir. All the time.
      Now, they defend him by saying he was beating top ranked contenders or undefeated prospects.

So far I see no difference between Wilder and AJ’s resume. A lot of the same opponents.

Give Wilder time is all I’m saying.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
        Yet Ortiz, Wilder's best win and probably best puncher he faced, could not stop Hammer.

I never said Fury was a "top level" puncher anyway.

I believe he has the power to knock Wilder's head off.
        Not saying he will.
        Not saying he's half the puncher that Wilder is.

I think there were moment where Wilder was hurt, not hurt a lot, but enough to retreat and earmuff.

Depends what you call "hurt".

Wilder has been koed already with headgear, his chin isn't made of granit, you don't need to be Earnie Shavers to knock his head off.
        Stale face. I think you have your fighters mixed up, FURY has been dropped multiple times and FURY is most likely to get his head “knocked off”. Wilder hasn’t been down in his professional career and Wilder wasn’t hurt enough for fury to capitalize. My definition of hurt is that one is momentarily unable to defend oneself in an intelligible manner. Wilder never experienced that.

Comment

Stale face. I think you have your fighters mixed up, FURY has been dropped multiple times and FURY is most likely to get his head “knocked off”. Wilder hasn’t been down in his professional career and Wilder wasn’t hurt enough for fury to capitalize. My definition of hurt is that one is momentarily unable to defend oneself in an intelligible manner. Wilder never experienced that.
          but again nobody denied that WIlder can ko Fury, so you are the one having things mixed up.

We were talking about the question "can Fury ko Wilder" the answer is yes IMO.

Nobody said Fury has a granit chin or WIlder can't ko him. That would be silly.

Scornier and Nichols dropped him.

Wilder kinda chinny, but his defense is better than what most people think, he has been hidding that chin greatly.
          He hasn't fought that much of killa punchers anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
            but again nobody denied that WIlder can ko Fury, so you are the one having things mixed up.

We were talking about the question "can Fury ko Wilder" the answer is yes IMO.

Nobody said Fury has a granit chin or WIlder can't ko him. That would be silly.

Scornier and Nichols dropped him.

Wilder kinda chinny, but his defense is better than what most people think, he has been hidding that chin greatly.
            He hasn't fought that much of killa punchers anyway.
            No no you said fury hurt wilder multiple times. I’m saying that you’re confused and he didn’t. You’re saying wilder is chinny, I’m saying “no, he isn’t, that’s your guy fury thats chinny”. But stans gonna Stan.

Comment

No no you said fury hurt wilder multiple times. I’m saying that you’re confused and he didn’t. You’re saying wilder is chinny, I’m saying “no, he isn’t, that’s your guy fury thats chinny”. But stans gonna Stan.
              I don't believe Fury can stop Wilder or any top heavy...but he definitely hurt Wilder in the fight. Nothing wrong with being hurt, you're the one who should stop being a stan.

Comment

Originally posted by Oregonian View Post
                ————

That’s a good example, I can appreciate that.
                Here’s the thing though, how many people remember Ernie Shavers? People know names like Frazier and Floyd Paterson more than they know of Shavers.

I am not calling him a great HW. Far from it. The HW division is scarce of talent. It is not Wilder’s fault that he is in a weak era. So far he looks better than the current crop of guys.

Lastly, Wilder is 34 years old and is a supremely conditioned athlete. I can see him fighting 15 more times. if he wins all of them and beats AJ and Fury in the process, can you just dismiss him like a fart in the wind? I used to hear people say the same thing about Wladimir. All the time.
                Now, they defend him by saying he was beating top ranked contenders or undefeated prospects.

So far I see no difference between Wilder and AJ’s resume. A lot of the same opponents.

Give Wilder time is all I’m saying.
                To be honest no, I won't dismiss him if he wins against Fury and Joshua, I would regain some of the respect I once held for the man.

A few years ago he got my attention, was looking terrifying and I thought "He needs someone that isn't a nobody on his resume, he could fight Klitschko and cement his place in history, that would prove that he was legit". So I waited and waited and waited and AJ fought him instead.
                Brilliant. Now we can have a huge unification fight it will be amazing. Nope.
                Fight AJ? No I'll fight Fury as he's been taking street drugs (ahem) er, eating the meat of drug addicted wild boars for two years and weighs 400lb.
                Oh, and my mates Grandad from Cuba who has no Birth certificate but swears he's only 40 and his heart condition isn't too serious. I'll just hype him up to be something he's not.

Wilder can redeem himself, will he choose to?
                Last edited by Angeljuice; 02-08-2020, 08:08 AM.

Comment

Yes I say so and I stand by it.

Sad that you can have a proper debate with people without calling them stans or whatever.

Don't feel triggered by different opinions than yours.

Comment

Originally posted by Angeljuice View Post
                    To be honest no, I won't dismiss him if he wins against Fury and Joshua, I would regain some of the respect I once held for the man.

A few years ago he got my attention, was looking terrifying and I thought "He needs someone that isn't a nobody on his resume, he could fight Klitschko and cement his place in history, that would prove that he was legit". So I waited and waited and waited and AJ fought him instead.
                    Brilliant. Now we can have a huge unification fight it will be amazing. Nope.
                    Fight AJ? No I'll fight Fury as he's been taking street drugs (ahem) er, eating the meat of drug addicted wild boars for two years and weighs 400lb.
                    Oh, and my mates Grandad from Cuba who has no Birth certificate but swears he's only 40 and his heart condition isn't too serious. I'll just hype him up to be something he's not.

Wilder can redeem himself, will he choose to?
                    ———-

Valid points. I guess only time will tell. One thing for sure is Wilder has no other opponent after Fury except for AJ and Andy Ruiz (if only for the name).

He has to make those fights happen and then continue to knock off all the top ranked mandatories/contenders.

Comment

Originally posted by Oregonian View Post
                      ———-

Valid points. I guess only time will tell. One thing for sure is Wilder has no other opponent after Fury except for AJ and Andy Ruiz (if only for the name).

He has to make those fights happen and then continue to knock off all the top ranked mandatories/contenders.
                      Fingers crossed.
                      If those fights were being held regularly we'd be in a new golden age.

Wilder, Fury, AJ, Ruiz, Parker as current/former champions should be facing each other by default with Whyte, Miller, Usyk and such battling for a chance to be in the mix.

If it were run like that it would become so much more exciting. Constant big fights would grow the sport and rainbows would shine extra bright in the sky.

Comment

Working...
                      X