No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tomas Adamek Denies Rumors of Showdown With Szpilka

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Tomas Adamek Denies Rumors of Showdown With Szpilka

Former two division world champion Tomasz Adamek (48-2, 29 KOs) denied rumors that he plans to fight up and coming Polish prospect Artur Szpilka (13-0, 10KOs) in the next few weeks. Golota recently passed up the opportunity to face Kubrat Pulev in an IBF final heavyweight eliminator. Golota stated that he passed on Pulev because there were far more lucrative opportunities on the table to fight in Poland and rumors quickly started that Szpilka was the frontrunner opponent.

[Click Here To Read More]

Lulz Golota turned down a IBF eliminator with Pulev

Comment

I think Adamek is done as a top heavyweight and just looking for the payday now. Fighting for the title should be earned. He had the perfect opportunity with Pulev.

Comment

Of course. This drunk diving scumbag won't fight anyone who has a shot at KOing him. He's just looking for someone that he can Go the distance with so he can rob them and pay off his DUI.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Say what you will about Adamek being done, but he could still beat that spilka fellow when he is 65.

Comment

Originally posted by kokingbill View Post
            Say what you will about Adamek being done, but he could still beat that spilka fellow when he is 65.
            Szpilka looks pretty good to me? Gets caught a bit too much but isn't crazy experienced and unlike a lot of heavyweight prospects is actually the better side of 25.

Adamek to me looks like the extra bulk has caught up with him as hes gotten older and he looks stiff in the ring now. Im sure he could still give most of the top 10 a fight but his time as a top contender are limited imo. He should have fought Pulev though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mikhnienko View Post
              Lulz Golota turned down a IBF eliminator with Pulev
              quality reporting...

Comment

adamek can still get a voluntary shot at wlad for huge money. if he fights pulev & loses he not only kisses his mandatory shot goodbye but any possible chance of a voluntary shot will be gone as well. sucks this pulev fight won't happen but let's not forget banks won a eliminator against mitchell & adamek\banks 2 is possible with the winner getting a title shot. adamek will make way more money fighting on HBO against banks then he would in an eliminator against pulev. when arreola steamrolls stiverne a rematch is very possible if adamek were to beat banks. arreola could be the WBC champion if vitali retires. what he could be seeing is 3 fights at most until he retires. possibly 3 fights on HBO vs banks, arreola & wlad for all the belts...of course that's a just a hypothetical scenario & he'd have to beat both banks & arreola in rematches before the unification. i can't see arreola trying to unify without making a voluntary first. adamek\arreola on HBO in poland would be a huge fight. szpilka ain't getting a shot at adamek. i would be shocked if it were to happen.

Comment

I lost respect for Adamek for his behaviour over the Pulev fight

Retrospectively his hw resume isn't fantastic, though I give him credit for the arreola win

Comment

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
                    I lost respect for Adamek for his behaviour over the Pulev fight.
                    I can understand why he backed away from fighting Pulev, but I've lost some respect for him because of his drunken driving.

He was endangering the lives of others by driving while intoxicated, he should know better.

Comment

Working...
                    X